Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

weaver k1

Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default weaver k1

I was going thru some of my hunting things when I came across this scope that my wifes uncle gave me over 20 years ago.
What do you guys know about it? I guess the k1 stands for 1power magnification? I was thinking about mounting it on my marlin 336 becuse right now it's got a 3-9x40 that imo is ridiculos.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jerry.. I used a Weaver K1 on my 20 gauge slug gun for years and killed plenty of deer with it.. It gives you the single point of aim of a scope and a wide field of view..It was all the scope I ever needed for hunting in the woods and in my opinion would be a much better choice for a 30-30 than a 3x9...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Jerry.. I used a Weaver K1 on my 20 gauge slug gun for years and killed plenty of deer with it.. It gives you the single point of aim of a scope and a wide field of view..It was all the scope I ever needed for hunting in the woods and in my opinion would be a much better choice for a 30-30 than a 3x9...
It came off a 20gauge/22mag double barrell savage turkey gun.Thanks Pygmy I'm gonna put it on the gun.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure you'll like it...

It will be a much better balanced rig on a 30-30 than any 3x9 and will improve the handling qualities of your rifle..

You will be amazed at what a fast and efficient sighting system it is for hunting in the woods..

Variable scopes and high magnification are HIGHLY overrated on hunting rifles..

Many of us would be much better served with a quality fixed power scope of 4x or less than the big, heavy, high power variables that I see on most hunting rifles...
Old 01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mounted this scope on my Marlin 336 today using Weaver base & med rings. I saw the barrel & front sight when I looked thru the scope........what did I do wrong? Mounted all my own scopes never had this happen before.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I used the K1 on my 20 gauge 1100 skeet gun, I could see the barrel and bead in the scope.. However, I simply ignored it, and trust me, I never noticed it when I had a deer in the crosshairs..Just concentrated on the crosshairs and the deer.. Killed 'em just fine...
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
I mounted this scope on my Marlin 336 today using Weaver base & med rings. I saw the barrel & front sight when I looked thru the scope........what did I do wrong? Mounted all my own scopes never had this happen before.
Nothing. That's rather normal at 1 or 2 power. As the power goes up, the FOV goes down and then you won't see the front sight / barrel.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Nothing. That's rather normal at 1 or 2 power. As the power goes up, the FOV goes down and then you won't see the front sight / barrel.
Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Makes all the sense in the world!!!.....thanks Bugs.