Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Leupold VXII

Old 12-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leupold VXII

Whats your opinion on this line? In the market for a new gun and thinking of a leupold. I have a Nikon Buckmaster on my 243 Rem 700 and I like it but I haven't put it thru the mill yet.
Seems like some guys say they{nikon}can't take a beating.Do you think the VXII is a more durable scope?
Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot more durable! A all arround better scope. Dont get me wrong though, Nikons are a great scope, optically. I used to buy them, but after i got a fourwheeler and do a lot of riding with my rifle on it in the rugged mountains, the vibations caused from the four wheeler actually caused several Nikons to litterally start falling apart, two Buckmasters and a Monarch. I have since then only bought Leupolds and to this day have not had one bit of trouble. Also Leupold is a American owned company, assembled by Americans in America! VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!

Last edited by fritz1; 12-26-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
. Also Leupold is a American owned company, assembled by Americans in America! VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!
I didn't know that good selling point but I guees they don't need to push the issue because of the quality of their produuct.Do you any of the VXII scopes?
Old 12-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own several VXII's, VXIII's and a couple VXI's, they are all very good scopes.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

most of my scopes are VX-IIs for a reason, one of the best scopes out there...period!!!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the input.looks like next scope will be a VXII
Old 12-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

... I have a bunch of VX II's. Great scopes, and you can't beat their customer service, either. I sent a straight 12X back to have the reticule changed to another type, and they were courteous and quick.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Hoz
Spike

You will not be disapointed. Great service if you ever need it also. I sent in a pair of binos that were all scratched up (lenses) and completely my fault. 3 weeks later I had a brand new pair in my hands for the cost of one lense! They were 4 yaers old when I sent them in!!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

I tried 4 nikon's. 3 Buckmasters and 1 Monarch none of them will shoot the box or return to zero. And sigthing in the rifles requires twice the ammo and a screwdriver to tap on the turrets to try and get them to move without jumping past the amount i wanted.

I was looking for a cheaper choice to leupold and i got burnt bad, never again. I would LOVE to own Nightforce scopes but my wallet says no, So Leupold is the best choice for me!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is this something new with Nikon? Last year when I bought my Buckmaster alot guys on this site said they were good now I'm hearing different I havent had a problem....yet. But I didnt get to hunt with it this year. The couple times I went to the range{6-7x}it held zero.The only time I had to make adjustments was when I switched ammo brands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.