Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

S&W 500 PF vs Konus

Old 12-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Spike

Default S&W 500 PF vs Konus

i was asked by my wife last week if i wanted anything else for Xmas and i said how about one of those konus pistol scopes for my 500.
well i took my 7000sc aimpoint off just before the deer season opened to try with open sites for a buck, but as luck would have it no go on a kill this year with it.

so now that we are in the off season of rifle I'm going to mount this Konus scope up after xmas is over and test it out. still got the warne med quick rings coming to mount it. which is what i now have on the red dot so when mounted it goes right back to ware it should be.

Plus after reading alot of other posts on the net where the 500's were knocking the crapp out of the upper class pistol scopes wire reticles, esp when using heavy loads.
i decided to get one of these not so expensive konus pistol scopes ($83.00 w/free s/h from OpticsPlanet.com )to try. looking through the scope it is very crisp and appears like it will be a good scope for this gun. it has a metal body so thats one good thing and it has a lifetime warranty..
http://www.konus.com/index.php

Konus video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_9b...layer_embedded#!
will post results after xmas sometime..

Last edited by TheBoneGrinders; 12-16-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Spike

Got it mounted up..now to just find the time to shoot it while video taping it(coming soon to youtube).

Old 01-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Etched reticle should help. Probably not the best glass in the world, but for the price it's worth a shot (pun intended). Good luck.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

well...2 sides fer me...
as the 500 is probably the best as far as weight dispersement when shot, to equal less recoil, considerin its a 50.
i think this scope wont make it to long...cause ya put it on a 50.
gl, nice gun
what good is a lifetime warranty, if your spendin countless dollars on ammo just tryin to zero it everytime ya take it off and put the new one on?

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 01-04-2011 at 08:58 AM.