Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Thompson Center scope >

Thompson Center scope

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Thompson Center scope

Old 11-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thompson Center scope

My father in law bought a black powder rifle the other day. When he went to adjust the scope on it he realized had no way to turn the knob. The out side ring which tells the increments in which the scope adjusts, spins freely. the inside ring how ever had no notch or knob. Instead it had two holes, both holes had been tapped. Does any one know what tool he needs or is something missing. He dont want to stick something in them then turn in fear of ruining the threads.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

I would call t/c they are a great company and great customer service
Old 11-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly the package rifle/scope deals IMHO aren't worth much. The rifle is fine, but the scopes are usually a $15 value that is going to be more problems than assist. Take off the scope and go buy a decent scope for the muzzy, you will be glad you did. In addition to sighting in the rifle and having it repeat hits, when it gets a little dark you won't be able to see thru it and a little heat/cool and it will fog up. The vast majority of these scopes are junk. Check Natchezz.com, Cabela's Bargain Cave, SWFA and a few others for a bargain, on a better scope.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya there is something missing it would look just like whats on the other turret,

i like that scope its what i have on my AR, its recoil proof and its stays on