Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
mosberg 695 sighting in >

mosberg 695 sighting in

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

mosberg 695 sighting in

Old 10-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Spike

Default mosberg 695 sighting in

The first photo is the sighting in of my mosberg 695 shot gun with new scope and remington copper solids 2 3/4 at 50 yards. Once sighted in I blow out the center of the target. Than I tried the new Remington accutips and shot one inch hi by this time the gun started getting very hot I shot a few moor accutips and they hit lower. I thinking because the gun got too hot ? so I gave the gun a rest than I went over to 100 yards with the accutips and all wer in the kill zone but I could not grope them becose my arm and shoulder was killing me by this time, a bolt 12 gage kicks like a mule and I was starting to flinch and evray shot was full of pain. It seems at 50 yards the cope solids grope better with my gun but this can be a fluke because by the time I shot the accutips the gun was over heating ,nomaleyI Just shot three shots then let the gun cool down for fifteen minutes or so and on this day I was runing out of time. In other test the coper solids did very poor at 100 yards and now I am seeing the accutips are good from 0 to 100 yards and next time I will start fresh at 100 yards to se how they prey form with a cold barrel also the poor performens of the coper solids at 100 yards could have came from a poor quality scope I hade on the gun at the time so I will also have to re test the coper solids at 100 yards. As far as the scope I Recommend the leupold rifleman shotgun scope in power 3-9 for rifled shot guns, you wont be sorry. also the last target photo was at 100 yards.
Attached Thumbnails mosberg 695 sighting in-pa020654-mobile-.jpg   mosberg 695 sighting in-pa020660_01-mobile-.jpg   mosberg 695 sighting in-pa020658-mobile-.jpg  
Old 10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

try lightfields EXP 2-3/4". those slugs like a faster twist that your shotgun doesn't have, it will like the Lightfields. being 2.5" high at 50 yards will put you dead on center at 100 yards
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned

I must be getting old here - but he didn't say if he was shooting a 12 gauge or a 20 gauge.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
I must be getting old here - but he didn't say if he was shooting a 12 gauge or a 20 gauge.
12 Gauge 2,3/4
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Extended range sessions with a slug gun don't do you any favors. You noticed you are flinching, so you really can't tell much. Just sending $2 downrange with every shot at that point. It may help to use some sort of pad on your shoulder right from the start to minimize recoil. I have seen guys shy away from the gun at the range because they are afraid of recoil, but that only makes it worse. That gun needs to be firmly in the pocket of your shoulder and your cheek needs to be down on the stock.

I sight slug guns in for 2" high at 50 yds. Then I verify elevation at 100. I don't shoot more than a couple at 100. I have a 12 Ga Marlin Slugmaster bolt gun. It does not shoot higher velocity slugs well at all. It likes them in the 1300-1600 fps range. Brenneke KO Sabots are great in this gun. The Federal Fusion 7/8 oz sabot at 1600 fps looks good, and I may try them next year. They are the cheapest sabot around here at $9.99 a box.