Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
scopes bushnell or nikon? >

scopes bushnell or nikon?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

scopes bushnell or nikon?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default scopes bushnell or nikon?

what do guys think between the 2 scope the better of the 2 models
bushnell trophy 3x9x40mm
nikon prostaff "" "" ????
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nikon no question about it.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

+ 1 for Nikon quality.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Banned

I think that you are limiting yourself when you limit it to one of the two selections. What it all has to boil down to is - is it the scope or is it the price.

Both are good scopes for the price, but what counts most is what does it look like to you when you look through it. If one is clear from edge to edge and the other is blurry on the edges - then the one that is clear is the one that I would buy.

I never go into a gun store with $100 and buy the scope that is on sale. I buy the one that looks best when I look through it.

I have a number of different manufacturers of scopes on my rifles and the worst scope out of all of them is a Leupold Rifleman. When I complained to the Leupold rep that it didn't even have clicks for adjustments - he just laughed and said that it wasn't even made by Leupold. The junk that these people hang their names on today - in order to increase profits is some day going to bite them in the butt when they have nothing but problems with them...
Old 09-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Spike

Default Scopes and Sights

The Nikon ProStaff all the way. Reason being because it is fog,water,and shock resistant,which doesnt hold true for the bushnell in this case. Also it has a Multicoated optical system: Multicoated lenses boost light transmission up to 90%, which is unheard of in other scopes. Last it has precise hand-turn 1/4-MOA click adjustments, which allows you to zero in quicker and maintain your control after the shot is fired.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

both are good for the money, it's your choice
Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I am going to assume you are looking at the newer trophy XLT that has replaced the original trophy series. In which case a previous poster inaccurately clamed that the scope does not meat the same specs as the Nikon pro staff. Just a correction not a personal attack.

The Bushnell trophy XLT line is advertised as shock proof, waterproof and fog proof, with 91% light transmission (Fully multicoated lenses) and 1/4" click adjustments. I have never owned a Nikon scope, but do have a pair of monarch binoculars. I do not doubt you are getting what you pay for with their products, but I doubt they are significantly better than the Bushnell scopes, when comparing at the same price point.

I do own one each of the Bushnell 3200 and 4200 series scopes. I have been very happy with mine, as I am sure many Nikon owners have been happy with theirs.

I agree with a previous poster, that you should go to a store that has the models you are interested in, that are in your price range, and compare them side by side. Make sure they are set on the same power while comparing. Get what looks best to you. Everyone’s eyes and preferences are different. Good luck. Slowdraw.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the first Bushnell Trophy scope on one of my slug guns, very good scope for the money
Old 09-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned

Amen Slowdraw.

To add something to your excellent post - there is only 3 or 4 machines in the whole world right now that grinds lens for rifle scopes.

Because of this - it is hard to compare one scope manufacturer with another without being biased due to the fact that how can one scope better then another when they have the exact glass inside of them.

The only difference between them is the fact that some manufacturers uses a better process to coat the lens and some manufacturers today uses a one piece scope tube in their premium line of scopes.

Most times - if you want a new scope a couple of years down the road, all you have to do is take the adjustment caps off and soak it in a pan of hot water and let the water bubbles get into the scope and mess it up.

99% of the times they will apologize for your troubles and give you a brand new scope - free of charge. Or honor their warranty - if it said send $15 and 20 years later it is $40, they will still give you the new scope for $15 shipping fee.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

I can't stand Bushnell -- their lenses are made of PLASTIC! At least the one I owned for a very brief period of time was.

The only Nikon optic I have is a 16X pair of binoculars. They are *awesome* for what I paid, on par with Leupolds in clarity, etc. If their scopes compare to their binoculars, and I don't see why they wouldn't, I would go with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.