Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

swift scope problem

Old 08-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default swift scope problem

OK .... I was out shooting my pro hunter yesterday .270 , topped with a swift 3x9x40.First two shots touching perfect... next shot dropping 6 inches and then again 7 inches and left. Scope seemed blurry.Adjusted magnification from 3 to 5 clear again ...shooting same place low and left .Adjusted and fired .. could not see a damn thing scope was blurry again .Messed with focus could not clear.Adjusted magnification and blurry at 3x clear at 5x blurry at 9x.Mind you i checked all set screws and mounting bolts all is tight. Shot this scope on this rifle last year burning 4 boxes of ammo with no problem .Now i have had this scope for almost 20 years used it on .54 ml 30/06 pump gun.. never had a problem until now .As I recall this scope had a lifetime warranty... anybody have a problem like this .I have popped cross-hares ,had glass fog but never focus issues.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice thing about LIFETIME WARRANTIES...........................send it back !

Buy it once !!!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like the scope finally took a dump. Bummer for you.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to say but you get what you pay for...
Old 08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

A little update ... looked up Swift optics and made a call . Spoke to a woman who assured me it was under warranty still even though I could not find the paper work or box ... Shipped it to them Friday ... havent heard anything yet but reciept conformation USPS says it was received Monday.

PaJack
Sorry to say but you get what you pay for...
I guess its true as this wasnt a cheap scope.Now all my other guns have Leupold scopes on them and I have never had a problem but to be honest with the exception of my slug gun this scope has seen the most use.The scope has always held Zero and the glass clarity is as good as any Leupold or Nikon I have ever used. I had alot of probelms years back using Bushnell and Redfield scopes leading me to buy Leupolds.It will be interesting to see how this plays out .... So far so good.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Well its been 11 days and my replacement scope has arrived ... new in the box... great service and warranty..... I guess you do get what you pay for ... now to mount it up and go to the range. I would buy a Swift scope again and recommend Swift scopes to anybody looking for a well built and reasonably priced piece of glass.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lifetime warranties.............................See how that works !

Good job....................Buy it once !!!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

yup pretty happy .... just still wondering what happened for the scope to just go blurry ... never seen it before on any scope ...fog and busted crosshares but never focus.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had 2 swifts. I tried really hard to like them but had to let them go.