Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Sightron rifle scopes... >

Sightron rifle scopes...

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Sightron rifle scopes...

Old 08-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sightron rifle scopes...

So I’m looking for rifle scope for my 22 lr. with AO and came across a couple models in the Sightron scopes. Does anyone have any experience with this make of scope. Any good ?

Sightron has a $ 50 to $ 75 rebate depending on the model purchased from now till December...
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trailer
So I’m looking for rifle scope for my 22 lr. with AO and came across a couple models in the Sightron scopes. Does anyone have any experience with this make of scope. Any good ?

Sightron has a $ 50 to $ 75 rebate depending on the model purchased from now till December...

I have a Sightron S2 3-9x42 on my T/C Omega. It has eye relief similar to Leupold....and kind of looks like the older Vari-X ii's, has a lifetime warranty, and seems to have very good glass.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sightron's are definitely good scopes (especially the Big Sky and SIII lines). You could do much worse.

Last edited by bugsNbows; 08-30-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Spike

A friend of mine bought a Sightron S1 3-9X40 to mount on his Marlin 45/70Gov lever rifle and the glass is decent and it holds zero like a trooper but the eye relief was too short and with heavy loads it made him uncomfortable so I bought it off him and mounted it on my coyote rifle, which is a Rem model 600 in 6mmrem. I haven't shot anything but paper with this rifle so far ( just got the rifle also) but I think the Sightron and I are going to get along just fine. BTW, it has the Mil-dot reticle which is OK with me. I think I read that the Sightron scopes have some proprietary erector system in them that, according to Sightron, is the strongest tracking system in the industry. I usually try to avoid the bottom end of the line-up when buying optics but this time and one other I was pleasantly surprised. The other time I bought a Nikon Prostaff to put on a cheap rifle that I bought on a whim. I sold the rifle w/scope and wished I had kept the scope.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

So I ended up with a 4.5-14 x 40AO APV Mueller scope. This scope is not a Sightron but works very well for my needs. Thanks guys for the info...
Old 09-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Muller is a decent scope, I have the same thing on a Marlin 917V.