Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Leica Scope

Old 07-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Leica Scope

Has anyone tried one of the new Leica scopes? The one I'm looking at is a 3.5X14x42. I have not looked throught one yet but I do love the glass on their bino's. Would like to hear a report if anyone has one. Thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd suggest you head over to the OT Forum @ SWFA for detailed info. Leica's are darn nice and compete with the upper Zeiss, Swaro and S&B scopes. You could do much worse my friend. I'm eyeballing the S&B Summit for my next purchase.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

i dont own one, nor have have shot a rifle with one but i did get to look through one. might just be my eyes, but it seemed very dark for its class. this was at a outdoor convention so i might mave been looking thought a prototype. i also got to look thought some of the new ziess offerings and even the new minox scopes and for clarity and contrast id rate both higher then the lieca. one strong point of the lieca offering is its overall weight and ballance. it felt alot lighter then it was and it had the best ballance in any scope ive yet to lay hands on. it also seemed to have decent dials. if i were willing to pay big money for a high end euro offering i think i would go for a s&b, kahles or even a ior. i personally think it needs a little more refinement and something else to set it apart from other current offerings.