Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
what rings/bases combo did you put on your browning x bolt >

what rings/bases combo did you put on your browning x bolt

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

what rings/bases combo did you put on your browning x bolt

Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Not really sure why a lot of shooters do not like the Browning action. Its durable, has a nice spring extractor (sako type), low angle bolt throw, decent size recoil lug, extemely strong, bolt lockup with safety on, and everyone I have handled have been smooth as silk. But the masses prefer 700 action, and I too to an extent. But 700 bolt face needs work (c-clip sucks), some come rough as a cobb and needs polishing. The negatives about the browning is well, its japanese, not all like the octgonal design, and to every remove a barrel, you have to heat the crap out of it, many do not like the goofy hinge removable mag. You rarely hear someone building a a custom gun off a A-bolt action.

I have owned dozens of 700's and probably half a dozen browning, and out of box, I guarantee you the browning will be more accurate on average.

I have a feeling some just read internet posts from other pages like Ris, or whatever handle he has this week. He goes by 16bore, vabyrd and many others. He is not very knowledgable about long guns or long range shooting. I mean he has had to ask several times what rifle he should buy for deer hunting. Kinda says it all.

I was never a big fan of the A-Bolt...or for that matter the X-Bolt when it first came out. However after I handled the X-Bolt and shot one I decided I wanted one. Have been pleased with it and can't wait to take it out this fall.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Risasi
You are an absolute genius. I love what you think you know and who you think I am. Your insecurities are hilarious. Please, go buy an X bolt and enjoy it to the hilt. While you are at it, explain how great a DM and floorplate work together. Tell us all about the benefits.
Dad gone if you going to try to copy larry, at least get it right. He always says your insecurities are well founded.

I might buy an x-bolt. I might not. But it will be much better than you sitting here trying to talk like you know whats going on.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dad gone if you going to try to copy larry, at least get it right. He always says your insecurities are well founded.

I might buy an x-bolt. I might not. But it will be much better than you sitting here trying to talk like you know whats going on.

BC, ol'Risasi is really showing his wealth of knowledge here. He thinks the X-Bolt has a floor plate and a DM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
BC, ol'Risasi is really showing his wealth of knowledge here. He thinks the X-Bolt has a floor plate and a DM.
He has this uncanny knack at showing his hand by the 2nd post with all his handles. Most people can play along and won't sound silly for many posts. But the likes of 16bore, vabryd, and others can usually show lack of knowledge in one post.

Still laughing about his post of which deer rifle he should buy.

Last edited by bigcountry; 04-17-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

He has this uncanny knack at showing his hand by the 2nd post with all his handles. Most people can play along and won't sound silly for many posts. But the likes of 16bore, vabryd, and others can usually show lack of knowledge in one post.

Still laughing about his post of which deer rifle he should buy.

Hmmmm, must have missed that one or forgot about it!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Banned

It is so much fun screwing with you silly boys. The best part is throwing in a few "Relentless Pursuitisms" and seeing BC come unglued. I could just imagine BC running around in his jammys at 1:00 AM posting up pictures to shut me up. Seriously though, you should quit the Copenhagen.

I'd like to buy you guys for what you're worth, and sell you for what you think....

anyone seen my pencil?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
bigcountry

Oh, I don't mind posting pictures and discussing guns on a "guns" section. Thats what its for.

So what your saying is, all your posts up to this point is this elaborate ruse or stratagem to make yourself look uneducated and not knowledgable about guns or hunting, espcially trad archery, just so you could screw with us? Wow, you got me, I thought sure you were just dropped on your head a bunch when you was a kid or something.

Last edited by bigcountry; 04-19-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Risasi
It is so much fun screwing with you silly boys. The best part is throwing in a few "Relentless Pursuitisms" and seeing BC come unglued. I could just imagine BC running around in his jammys at 1:00 AM posting up pictures to shut me up. Seriously though, you should quit the Copenhagen.

I'd like to buy you guys for what you're worth, and sell you for what you think....

anyone seen my pencil?
Got to wonder about a fellow that actually imagines another man running around in his jammys at 1 AM?

Last edited by VAhuntr; 04-20-2010 at 02:05 PM.