Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Any opinions on the bushnell 6500's? >

Any opinions on the bushnell 6500's?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Any opinions on the bushnell 6500's?

Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any opinions on the bushnell 6500's?

Just wondering what you all have to say about this scope. I'm thinking of topping my new X-Bolt 300 win with the 2-16x42 or "down grading" to the 4200 2.5-10x50 with the illuminated dot. Both have 30mm tubes and in my price range which is what I want.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I'd opt for the 42MM objective in hopes to mount it with low rings to insure a good cheek weld; especially, with a .300 Win Mag (both have low enough power for close shots) !
Old 03-25-2010, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Six of one, half dozen of the other. The glass quality is about the same. I believe I'd go with the 2.5-16...nice to have a bit more magnification on the upper end with that 300Win. It should fit nicely with the Browning (Talley) low 2 piece ring / base combo mounts.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Spike

The Elite 6500 Line by Bushnell contains the world's most versatile riflescope, featuring a 6.5x magnification range, the widest in the industry. These Bushnell Scopes are ideal for hunters who want a scope they can use in the brush as well as on the wide-open prairie, from Georgia pine forests to the high peaks of the Rockies. It's simply the most lethal rifle scope ever made.

Available in ultrafine Multi-X or Mil-Dot reticle style these Bushnell Elite Scopes accommodate any shooter. Bushnell 6500's are flagship rifle-scopes of the Bushnell Elite line, with the highest resolution and widest field of view, as well as fully multicoated optics with Rainguard, ensuring a consistently sharp, clear view even in the worst conditions.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice commercial maha. LOL. I do wish they would have some more retical options though.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by maha789
The Elite 6500 Line by Bushnell contains the world's most versatile riflescope, featuring a 6.5x magnification range, the widest in the industry. These Bushnell Scopes are ideal for hunters who want a scope they can use in the brush as well as on the wide-open prairie, from Georgia pine forests to the high peaks of the Rockies. It's simply the most lethal rifle scope ever made.

Available in ultrafine Multi-X or Mil-Dot reticle style these Bushnell Elite Scopes accommodate any shooter. Bushnell 6500's are flagship rifle-scopes of the Bushnell Elite line, with the highest resolution and widest field of view, as well as fully multicoated optics with Rainguard, ensuring a consistently sharp, clear view even in the worst conditions.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lighter, mounts lower & more eye relief benefits the 6500. Optically the 6500 and 4200 are a wash best I can tell with my eyes. More mag is a plus...if you need it??? JMO but for a big game rifle 10x is sufficent for the majority of hunters (in field/real world speaking wise not internet blah....blah... . Price difference is moot in your case seeing you stated the 6500 was in your budget range. I say let your own eyes do the talking.

+2 on the talley mounts.

Good Luck
Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Spike

I have the 6500 2.5x16 for a year and so far am very happy with it.I mounted the 4200 2.5x10 on a friends Tikka and is also very nice.I reccomend the 6500 because of the adjustable parallax and the generous magnification range.Both scopes are the same length and 1.3oz differance in wieght.So if money is not a factor the 6500 is it shop around and u will find it under $600.