Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
What scope for Savage model 111 FLNS >

What scope for Savage model 111 FLNS

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

What scope for Savage model 111 FLNS

Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Spike

Question What scope for Savage model 111 FLNS

I am planning on buying a Savage model 111 FLNS in .30-06 left handed. This is the first bolt action rifle that I have purchased and I dont know what mount, rings, and scope to exactly get. I would like at least a 4-12x40. I know Redfields are very nice quality but there 4-12x40 is a little too much I believe unless they are cheaper at stores than what Redfield says they are worth. Does anybody have any suggestion on what mount, rings, and scope to get that would all be around $150? Please help if you can. If you have another suggestion on a cheaper scope without sacrificing quality or accuracy go ahead. Like I have said I am new at this. THANK YOU! Also if you have a Savage are they very accurate? All the reviews say so but I just want to confirm it. Sub MOA at 100yds??

Bill

Last edited by Nitromag887; 01-27-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Spike

Use a weaver style 2-piece base that would fit the savage 110. With a 2-piece, you don't have to worry about left or right handed and they're inexpensive. Then, any weaver style rings will fit.

As far as a scope, that depends on what shooting distances you are planning on. 3-9x are the most common and for a reason.

I don't have a savage so I can't attest to accuracy.