Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Anybody got the Trijicon "Jesus" Scopes??? >

Anybody got the Trijicon "Jesus" Scopes???

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Anybody got the Trijicon "Jesus" Scopes???

Old 01-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anybody got the Trijicon "Jesus" Scopes???

http://policelink.monster.com/news/a...rses-on-scopes

Not that I have a problem with the scope or the versus in general. I do find it a little concerning that the US govt outfits its soldiers (christian and non-christian) with these scopes while they are fighting what amounts to as a holy war against Islam. If the individual soldier wants to do such a thing, no problem, but on a massive scale I am not so sure. Our founding fathers respected each others dicision to worship as the saw fit (individually), but at that point religion was out of the discussion and was to have no influence on the dicisions of the government acting on the behalf of a diverse group of religious people.

This will result in scopes now having to have jewish sayings, hindu sayings, Islamic sayings etc. creating the conflict that religion will always bring in a diverse group of people that the founding fathers wanted to avoid.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't buy it. The Gov't uses them because they are good, serve the intended purpose well and likely got good contract pricing. If Trijicon wants to do that it's their right. If that means fewer sales then they will have to decide what's more important. It doesn't bother me one bit (personally).
Old 01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

The govt buys them because they are the best available combat optic. As far as what the company chooses to put on them is their business. They are covered by the founding fathers' first amendment. The govt or general public can choose not to buy the scopes. But then again they pretty well have the market on them. A lesser scope could be purchased of coarse. If a person is willing to drop a grand or more for the scope. I imagine they are paying for piece of mind rather than worrying what is written on it. If one was that offended they could cover up the words.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

the trijicon product was not adopted as some holy war weapon. trijicon came into the us army contracts just after the lsat and acr program failiar. one of the rifles was the colt acr with a canadian elcan c79 sight. the rifle wasnt that good but the u.s. army did notice the effectivness of the c79. rather then contracting some other "outside" company they went to trijicon to develope something that was a little faster to use. thus the trijicon acog platform was born. as we all know it was probably the most widely used optic since it was adopted by most other nato countries at the time. they use trijicon because they are half the price of elcan but will do everything the elcan does but faster since it uses the reticle for range compensation.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Updfate: Trijicon to remove biblical versus from equipment sold to military.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/jesus-...ory?id=9618791