Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Nikon Team Primos

Old 01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Spike

Default Nikon Team Primos

Has anyone used the Team Primos 3 X 9 BDC from nikon. It boasts 95% light transmission like a monarch but a lot less $$ I was going to buy a 3 X 12 BDC, but may go this route if there are good reports. Not sure I need the X12.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard some pretty good stuff regarding the Team Primos scopes. Personally, I don't like the BDC reticles much. Them seem too "busy" or cluttered to me. For another $50-$60 bucks I'd be seriously be looking at a Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9 (or a 3200 with their DOA reticle). The Rainguard feature is a very worthwhile bonus.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Well be careful with the BDC from Nikon, for it to be effective you need to be at full power. So if you don't think that you will need a 12x, it will be better to go with 9x so that the BDC is more useful to you. The Nikon BDC is not clutterly at all surprisingly. I have always hated them because they clutter up the sight picture, but after looking through Nikon's, I kind of like it.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default VXII vs, Monarch

I,ve been contiplating the same thing .
Looking seriously at the Nikon Monarch in 3-9x40 vs. the VXII .
Says the monarch has 95% light gathering compared to the VXII at 92 %.
Cheapest Ive found for the VXII 3-9X40 is $279. shipped .
Located the Monarch 3-9x40 with the BDS for $215. shipped .
If you look up Nikon Moarchs the 3-9x40 scopes are not listed anymore ???
I read the Monarch Real Tree scopes are the left overs from the Monarchs past ??
Old 01-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TRACKER
I,ve been contiplating the same thing .
Looking seriously at the Nikon Monarch in 3-9x40 vs. the VXII .
Says the monarch has 95% light gathering compared to the VXII at 92 %.
Cheapest Ive found for the VXII 3-9X40 is $279. shipped .
Located the Monarch 3-9x40 with the BDS for $215. shipped .
If you look up Nikon Moarchs the 3-9x40 scopes are not listed anymore ???
I read the Monarch Real Tree scopes are the left overs from the Monarchs past ??

That is the way I understand it as well. I picked up a Monarch UCC 3 or 4 years back right as Nikon started changing the Monarch line. I find it brighter than a VX2 and compareable to the VX3's of the same time frame. The Monarchs are good scopes.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Spike

The team primos is the exact same scope as the old monarch ucc, just with a different name. Also, it's only available with the BDC reticle. You may not like that reticle, but just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. SWFA.com sells the team primos for $199, and that comes with a free camo jacket. For under $200, you won't find a better deal.

Here's the link: http://swfa.com/Nikon-3-9x40-Team-Pr...pe-P44156.aspx
Old 01-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

This is really the first I have heard of Team Primos Nikon scopes, I don't see them listed on their website though. Are they something new and haven't been added yet, or old and discontinued?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ajstrider
This is really the first I have heard of Team Primos Nikon scopes, I don't see them listed on their website though. Are they something new and haven't been added yet, or old and discontinued?

My understanding is they are the older Monarch UCC scopes that were discontinued 2 0r 3 years ago. The only place I have seen them is Midway and SWFA.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ajstrider
I told you what it was literally right above your post...

I'll try to clarify: The Team Primos is the exact same scope as the old Monarch UCC. Nikon just made a contract with Primos to put their name on a scope, and the now discontinued Monarch UCC is the scope that they used. It's a better scope than a Prostaff or Buckmaster, and should be pretty close, if not equal, to the new Monarch line.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jason miller
I told you what it was literally right above your post...

I'll try to clarify: The Team Primos is the exact same scope as the old Monarch UCC. Nikon just made a contract with Primos to put their name on a scope, and the now discontinued Monarch UCC is the scope that they used. It's a better scope than a Prostaff or Buckmaster, and should be pretty close, if not equal, to the new Monarch line.

Problem is it looks like the Team Primos has been discontinued as it does not show up on Nikons' website. There is a Team Realtree scope listed now but it has a lower light transmission % than the Buckmasters scope.

They probably did this to get rid of the old style Monarch parts.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 01-25-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.