Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
I the market for new ML scope and 10x42 binocs >

I the market for new ML scope and 10x42 binocs

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

I the market for new ML scope and 10x42 binocs

Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Spike

Default 10x42 Bino Recommendation

I know that you have used Bushnell, but they are realiable as you noted. 6 years is great if you use them a lot. I found the Bushnell 130142, Legend 10X42 Binoculars to be of excellent quality. I love the fact that they are waterproof. I found them at http://www.blue-sky-products.com/130142.html for less than $250 with free shipping.

good luck
Old 01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bhtc53
Well after alot of research and your feedback i think i am going to get a new refield revolution 3x9 40 mm with their accuplex because i dont like the nikon omega bdc or the bushnell trophy DOA. The redfield accuplex is identical to the leupold superslam or whatever it is because i think leupold baught redfield is what it looks like to me on their website. I think im still gonna go with bushnell 10x42 binocs though had good luck with em for almost 6 years till they broke and i really like em.
Suggestion - buy a better pair of binos from a company that offers a lifetime warranty and you won't need to buy "replacement" binos anymore if they break

If you are looking for something around $200.00 I strongly suggest the Vortex Diamondbacks. Amazing glass for 200 bucks with a full lifetime warranty. I have the Pentax DCF-SPs 8X43, which is another step or two up from entry level binos, but they cost about $500 - $600 online. I don't anticipate needing another bino for the rest of my life.

I have a couple of the old Redfield scopes when Redfields were made in Denver, CO, and considered top of the line optics. I don't know anything about the "new" Redfield. If they are a part of Meade Industries or don't offer a lifetime repair or replacement warranty then I wouldn't consider them. That's just me.

Last edited by mouthcaller; 02-01-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Spike

Well i cant see paying 200 bucks for binocs thats crazy. I wish i had that kinda money. For what i do the 100 bushnells work just fine. As far as the redfield scope it has same warrenty as the leupolds and it should be here by the end of the week im pumped.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

I guess I am a little confused bhtc.

Your original post in this thread asked the following question:

"I wanted to know if anyone has any opinions on any 10x42 binocs in the price range around $100 to $250"

I and others provided some suggestions of binoculars well within this range. Now I read in your last post the following statement:

Well i cant see paying 200 bucks for binocs thats crazy. I wish i had that kinda money. For what i do the 100 bushnells work just fine.

I am asking why you requested recommendations of binos within the 100-250 price point if you believe that paying $200.00 for binos is "crazy".

I assure you, respectfully, that paying 200 bucks for hunting optics is not "crazy". In fact, most people I know (including myself) with a lot of experience in hunting optics consider $200 - $250 to be the entry point for quality binoculars suitable for a lifetime of use in the field. You may not agree with that statement, but that doesn't make it "crazy".

Mouthcaller

Last edited by mouthcaller; 02-03-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

At the $200-300 price range glasses will have much better optical qualities than $100 glasses. Plus, from where you started you'll already now have a couple hundred bucks invested in glasses anyway.
Whatever you choose, pick a company that fully stands behind their product. Both Nikon and Vortex warrant their products to the extent tha even if you break them by your own fault, they are covered.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Spike

Well over 250 for binocs is nuts if im just gonna hunt whitetails in ohio and maybe central Pa..... There are u a little less offended? I ended up getting the same bushnells and they will work just fine. Also that new redfield scope is nice. Its kinda old school nothing special on it and not all cluttered like the nikon and bushnell ML scopes.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Samplelist.com has a set of ZenRays 10X43 for $289......cant beat that!