Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
bsa scopes need help!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

bsa scopes need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

bsa scopes need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Spike

Default bsa scopes need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a bsa platinum 8.5-34x42 scope it has side to side adjustment,up down adjustment and yard adjustment????!!! i have looked everywhere online and CANNOT find any info, or any for sale its startin to **** me off lol i want to put this on my traditions buckhunter inline 50 cal muzzleloader(not the pistol) any info about the scope would be so helpful and what do you guys think of my type of muzzle loader?bsa scopes need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!-im001131.jpg
Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

well the "up and down" adjustement (the top dial) on there should be calibrated for either imperial minute of angle, metric minute of angle or millradian. imperial moa = 1 inch at 100 yards, metric is 1 cm at 100 meters and if my memory serves me right 1 millrad is 3.49 inches at 100 yards. if you can get yourself a good chrony you can find the b.c. of your bullet and your muzzle velocity which you then plug into a ballistic calculator which would give you your moa/millrad drop. for example my deer rifle has a muzzle velocity of 3235 and a b.c. of .621 so at 500 yards i have about 7 moa of drop. on your scope that should mean i would dial the turret up 28 clicks if each click equals 1/4 imperial moa. its simple to some, hard to others and a overall pain in the arse.

that other dial on the side is used mostly by airgunners to find range. basicaly theres something called field target shooting where in most cases you need to hit a target 1/2 inch or smaller with no range finders so guys buy big scopes like those. you just zoom in, use that big side dial to focus and read the range on the side.

just my opinion that scope has no place on a muzzleloader. BSA is a airgun company and that is meant to be a feild target airgun scope. that scope is overkill, and coming from me the guy who over kills everything, thats a big statement

Last edited by dylan_b; 01-02-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1 dylan's comments. That's NOT the scope for your muzzleloader...and BSA is NOT worth wasting $ on (IMO).
Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't waste your money on a BSA.
You will not be happy with it.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Spike

ya i know sorta how to use adjustments and well the thing is its the only scope i have right now lol i got it from a buddy for free so i am not complaning (or at least not yet) but i took it to my local hunting store fin feather and fur they said it did not have enough adjustment!! i was like wow but thank you for your help ,, what kind of scope would you guys reccomend?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Spike

and how much do you guys pay for 30-06 rounds? at the fin feather and fur its $53 for 25!! they aint even a heavy load either
Old 01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by traditonbuckhunter
and how much do you guys pay for 30-06 rounds? at the fin feather and fur its $53 for 25!! they aint even a heavy load either
Are you referring to Winchester SuperX ballistic tip ammo?
That stuff is super expensive.
You should be able to find some Remington Core-Lokt for around $25 a box of 30-06. I don't shoot 30-06 but that's what I can get my 7mm Mag for.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Spike

i dont know i seen it and just walked away lol
Old 01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Spike

i dont know i seen it and just walked away lol
Old 01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have heard this before in the responses, but I add one more opinion. This is from first hand experience with the so called top of the line BSA. This Savage rifle combo "sale" at a local gun shop. I already knew BSA's were cheap and had a poor reputation. But i was not sure my daughter would take to hunting. So I sprung for the combo. Let me tell you that BSA's reputation is well deserved. The low light performance of this 3-9x40 mm scope was pitiful. I kid you not, I could almost see more detail with my then 55 year old naked eyes. The windage and elevation adjustments were marked 1 click=1/4 inch. Right ! There was absolutely no consistency click to click. Walked all over the place, though I finally got it zeroed OK. She loved deer hunting so prior to the 2008 season I bought her a compact Leupold Vari-X III and put the BSA in the Good Will box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.