Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Help with a Pecar scope >

Help with a Pecar scope

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Help with a Pecar scope

Old 12-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help with a Pecar scope

I have a PECAR Berlin Scope that is fitted on my Sako Forester. This past spring I mangaged to leave the windage/elevation caps at the range. Lost forever. Pecar is out of business and I have had no luck in finding replacement caps (ebay/gunbroker, etc.).

Any advice on what I can use to cover the windage/elevation dials? Currently I am just wrapping that section with some electrician's tape. I am hoping that some other brand of scope may have similar threaded caps.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

i was thinking that you can get a good machinist to make a set but i dont think anyone makes taps fine enough for scopes. a british standard fine tap of the right size may work since thats what used on alot of older cameras. other then having one made i have no idea what could be done
Old 12-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

A machinist will be able to cut the threads on a lathe, but be prepared to pay unless you have a good friend who can do it.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
A machinist will be able to cut the threads on a lathe, but be prepared to pay unless you have a good friend who can do it.
they can be cut on a lathe but often the buts arent very clean, at least not clean enough for most optic threading.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd recommend that you jump over to S.W.F.A. and join the Optic Talk forum. There are several very intelligent folks on that site that may be able to help...some live outside the USA. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the ideas. I will definitely check out the S.W.F.A. site.