Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Redfield

Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Redfield

I saw on another site that Leupold has bought the Redfield name. They will offer the Redfield as one of their lower priced scopes, they will not do warranty work on any of the older Redfield scopes not bought thru Leupold. The scopes will be assembled in the US with imported glass like their other scopes.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I can hardly wait!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Spike

Can anyone help me find someone to repair a Redfield rifle scope? I have not had much luck trying to contact ABO USA Inc or Iron Sight Inc. I have an older Redfield 'LO-PRO' 3X9 variable scope, on my 300 Win Mag. The cross hairs are starting to rotate in the tube and I would like to get that fixed.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Repairing older ones might be a problem. You may have to bite the bullet and get a new scope.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go to www.opticstalk.com and see if anybody can help with the repair. They have a lot of good optics people on there.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Can anyone help me find someone to repair a Redfield rifle scope? I have not had much luck trying to contact ABO USA Inc or Iron Sight Inc.

http://www.ironsightinc.com/
Old 12-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cvpacct
Can anyone help me find someone to repair a Redfield rifle scope? I have not had much luck trying to contact ABO USA Inc or Iron Sight Inc. I have an older Redfield 'LO-PRO' 3X9 variable scope, on my 300 Win Mag. The cross hairs are starting to rotate in the tube and I would like to get that fixed.
This is posted on the bottom of the new redfield home page:

At this time, two Redfield repair facilities are available should your Redfield product require service: ABO USA Inc (305-859-2010) and Iron Sight Inc (918-445-2001). The contacts provided are for information purposes only, as ABO Inc. and Iron Sight Inc. are not affiliated with Leupold & Stevens. Please contact them for all information regarding repair, service, and associated charges.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

I'm rocking an old school 4X Redfield on the .30-06 I'm shooting this year. I love them....I don't know if I'm thrilled about Leupold picking up the brand name, though. My dad has used some Leo glass but....I've heard some bad reviews of it in recent years.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Horacio
I'm rocking an old school 4X Redfield on the .30-06 I'm shooting this year. I love them....I don't know if I'm thrilled about Leupold picking up the brand name, though. My dad has used some Leo glass but....I've heard some bad reviews of it in recent years.
Never heard of a Leo. I thought Leupold bought Redfield. Leupold is one of the finest makers of riflescopes on this planet except for a couple of their low budget (cheap) models like the Rifleman. Redfield was one of the best American scopes at one time, and I am glad to see the brand name come back. Maybe they will once again be considered top shelf at some point iin the future. I have some old Redfield, Weaver, and Leupold scopes on old rifles that once belonged to members of my family. Sometimes I take one of these old rifles out for a deer hunt and while the scopes don't compare to current scopes they still work just fine.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those old Redfield scopes were outstanding in their time and still work fine today. I have an old Tracker made in the 60's and its still one of my favs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.