Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Leupold won't adjust windage any more... >

Leupold won't adjust windage any more...

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Leupold won't adjust windage any more...

Old 10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Leupold won't adjust windage any more...

Just mounted a new Leupold Ultimateslam 3x9 muzzloader scope on my new TC Bone Collector.

Mounts and rings are TC (Warne). Nice and heavy duty.

Went to first try at the range today. The rifle shoots at 50 yards approximately 5 inches to the right, and it won't move any further (scope maxed out)!!

Is this a scope issue; i.e. should I exchange it for another?? I know that there are "windage adjustable" bases/rings, but I'd rather not change anything if possible. This is the first time I've had this happen!!.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

It is probably a gun issue. I have run into this problem, and the simplest solution seems to be a base with windage adjustment.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably need a windage adjustable base so you don't utilize all of the scope adjustment range.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

leupold scopes are optically centered when you get them new. 5 inches to the right means its only 10 moa, that is within any scopes adjustment range, infact one turn of any of my dial scopes get me 15 moa and i can often make at least 4 or 5 full turns of the dial. i think you do infact have a scope problem but you should try the rifle with open sights, if you cant sight in with iron then its a gun problem.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys...I am going to return the scope and try that 1st. To be honest with you, it looks like the gun's mount holes are a little off center as well (with the base you can see it's unlevel slightly)!!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

If the mounting holes on that gun are off it needs to go back to TC. For the price you paid you deserve a gun that is perfect.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had that problem also a while back , changed the rings to Leupold and tightened the base real well , presto ! no more problems , but if the gun was tapped incorrectly then you have a bigger problem , seen that also.