Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
Virginia Beach.. ---HELP >

Virginia Beach.. ---HELP

Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Virginia Beach.. ---HELP

Old 05-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Question Virginia Beach.. ---HELP

Hey guys, taking a week long trip to Virginia beach with wife and a few friends. The guys and I are thinking of booking a fishing trip, or even renting a small lil boat to do our own fishing. any advice? tips or reccomendations? please. going in july so i got some time to do some reasearch. we like to do bottom fishin, porgy, fluke stuff like that. maybe some bluefish. i know the charter boats are a little too expensive, relaly looking for some party boats or something like that. please advise. thanks again
-Chris
Old 05-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't fished that area however, I've read a lot about it. It's an awesome place to go. Yes, look for a boat rental place or better yet, look for a small fishing boat charter. Look for something in the 30' range that knows the CBBT. I'm sure they all do but you want the best. Here's more information about the CBBT.

http://www.cbbt.com/tour.html

This place has solid fishing tear round. I've told my son when I get my off shore boat, this will be one of my regular destinations. You also can see from the pics, there is fishing from piers and bridge areas. I would reccomend going to auto shops and start collecting used spark plugs (for weights) if you want to fish in those areas. I bet you could do very well using green crabs and fishing close to the rocks below. However, also have a line or two casted out real far for the blues and or cobia that are around. For the best fishing a small charter boat will do you guys just right.

Good luck, I'm jealous.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

THanks for the input. really appreciate it. I will look into it. however i would still like some more recomendations from my peers. thanks fellas. again thanks field mouse for your input.
-Chris
Old 05-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Another fun fishing you might want to try in this area, is kayak fishing. Big Black Drum are in that area that time of year. The larger strippers have moved up to your neck of the woods by then. Cobia are around as well. With kayaks, you can fish light and hang on for the ride.