Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
 Sea fishing in FL and other things. >

Sea fishing in FL and other things.

Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Sea fishing in FL and other things.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sea fishing in FL and other things.

Hey all, does anyone know where i can get a T shirt from any sort of club that does sea fishing i.e in Florida? I've seen some in the past with marlin on the back with the name of a certain club but i cant remember the name.

Would love to eventually get to do a trip over there. Love to catch a big 'un. Does anyone know where i can fish for big exotics like marlin and sail fish?

How much does it usually cost for 2 people?

Thanks alot [/align]
Old 06-29-2008, 05:09 AM

Default RE: Sea fishing in FL and other things.

Web search Mexico Rockey point very cheap fishing not the fish you want but fun. Look on ebay for the shirt.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:44 AM

1) for the shirts, check saltwater sportsman fishing magazine. They have a t-shirt club in there that fits your bill. Not sure if you can find the info online or not. Just try a web search for the T-shirt of the month club.

2) You can fish what you are looking for in lots of places. though for the sail fish, at least from wha tI have seen, you will see more of them further south. Not a hard fact, just what I have seen. A 16 hour trip out to the Gulf Stream from Hilton Head Island, SC. or Savannah GA will run you between 1600 - 2000. That generally is boat, tackle, bait, license...etc. Food and beverages may be your own responsibility.

Good Luck and have fun.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can get the shirts anywhere, just depends on what you want the shirt to say. As far as the exotics you described, they can be caught up and down the eastern seaboard. I just caught a sailfish a week and a half ago only 15 miles off the beach, he was with a bunch of King Mackeral and Dolphi (mahi-mahi). The marlin are about 70 miles off and will cost you a great deal of money to try here, but fruther south in the winter is a great choice, Costa rica gives youthe best of everything in the winter.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 PM

don't know about the shirts but themarlin fishing will run you about 2,000-2,200 for a nice boat..........if you could it might be best for you to look for a boat to take you out in florida it's closer to the gulf stream in other words it'll be cheaper for you because you use less gass you can go on a 2 day trip for about 3,000-3,500.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

www.DSOoutdoors.com and arrange you a trip for Florida saltwater fishing. Sailfish are always hot.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have yet to fish for sailfish and marlins but I have spent many hours fishing in SW Florida. We have a condo on Sanibel Island that we rent weekly so we need to go down twice a year from our home in New England, tocheck things out and yes, do a little (OK a lot) of fishing.

We have friends that are Fl Fishing Guides, so we have the luxury to spend time off Sanibel/Captiva Island fishing for tarpon, snook, trout, redfish, cobia, blacktip sharks, kingfish,etc. It is definitey world calss fishing down there. So different than the fly fishing for trout that I spend most of my time doing here at home.

I think you have been give some good advice from the above replies.
Good luck on your search.....
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 PM

This is a 10'8" Blue Marlin I caught 60 miles off Daytona Beach a couple years ago..It weighed 299 pounds..the biggerfish in front is a tuna that weighed 41 pounds
Old 08-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: motor

This is a 10'8" Blue Marlin I caught 60 miles off Daytona Beach a couple years ago..It weighed 299 pounds..the biggerfish in front is a tuna that weighed 41 pounds
Great pic, brother!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can go to Mexico and get a trip cheap. I went out there for sailfish and we negotiated a price of $300 for the entire boat and we could of had up to 6 people for a day. It just depends on what time of year you go and where you go as to what you will catch.

Quick Reply: Sea fishing in FL and other things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.