Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Charter boats

Old 06-17-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Charter boats

I am heading to Oean city, MD in July. I want to give deep sea fishing a try. My wife checked it out on line and she saw prices around 1000 bucks. Is this correct? It will probably be me along with my 2 brother-in laws. I really don't care what we fish for, I just would like to give it a try. If you guys have ball park prices that would be great.
Thanks
Mike
Old 06-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Charter boats

come to nc fish on our charter boat 400 dolla 8 hrs we can go after kings dolphin sails and grouper on a clam day and flunder drum trout sharks kings and spainsh on a lil bit rougher days
Old 06-19-2006, 09:54 PM

my dads boat is at bahia marina in ocean city. its a 48 foot bertram fully loaded with all state of the art electronics and his prices start at 600 and up depending on what you want to go for. he does half day, full day, and overnight trips. most of the trips are out to the poor mans canyon,baltimore and washington canyons and wreck fishing. we just had a ball in the mako tournament and the fishing is great. pm me if your intrested or if you need any info on other boats out of ocean city.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might also consider Indian River Marina (at the Indian River Bridge in Indian River Delaware/Delaware Sea Shore State Park).Only 15 minutes from O.C. Md.Alot of 1st class charters.

Any of those guys will take you to same off shore/deep sea locations for less money in many cases - depending on what your fishing for.Good Luck
Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 PM

indian river does have a large fleet and their prices are very reasonable. they do go to the same places and there are some good head boats cheap like the judy v you can go on if you want to go that route. just keep in mind that booking a charter trip right now will be hard. most of the bigger boats like ours are booked for the season on weekends so if you want to go on charters the weekdays will be your best bet
Old 06-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea - and the fishing is usually better on weekdays after the Tourons get off the water.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:15 PM

amen
Old 06-22-2006, 05:21 AM

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to this possible trip. If I go I think I am going to try and make it for the monday we are there. As far as what I am fishing for, I really don't have a clue. I will be happy with what ever.
Will let you know how it turns out.
Mike
Old 06-22-2006, 04:04 PM

good luck. we are going out tomorrow through sunday so i will let you know what we run into
Old 06-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

A charter would be pretty easy to get weekday's but weekends are impossible from about here on out. Once the tuna bite is on forget it. Also you are a little mislead about the prices. A full day offshore on a 40'+ boat is gonna run $1500+. Try Larry Richardson on the "Always Late" out of WOC or Jimmy Hudson on the "Fishin Mission" out of OCFC.

Brad

Quick Reply: Charter boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.