Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Cabo San Lucas

Old 03-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cabo San Lucas

Looking to plan a trip here for 2007. Anyone done any fishing here. Looking for info on charters, accomadations, best time of year etc........thanks, dabow
Old 03-19-2006, 09:46 PM

Default RE: Cabo San Lucas

It is AWESOME!!

My buddy and I are goin back in June this year and I'm very excited already.

Whatwhat type of fishin you gonna do? Who's goin with ya? wife, girlfriend or just the guys?

My avatar shows me and a couple buddies on the Pacific side of "The Arch of Cabo San Lucas" while we were chasin roosterfish. The 1st day we went off-shore after striped marlin. WOW! We caught & release two striped and we caught, kept and ate one whahoo.(best eaten fish i've ever had)

I recommend staying IN the town of Cabo San Lucas. NOT in the "corridor" or "San Jose del Cabo" because the taxi fees will kill you. You'll come out ahead staying intown. The rooms may be more $$ but the cab fees (if you even need a cab in town) will be cheap.

If you want to stay on a swimming beach, check out the resorts on El Medanobeach. This is where we're staying this year. Its within walkin distance to the marina. The Marina Feista Resort, is right on the marina, probably as close as you can get, but it's not on the beach. The beaches on the Pacific side are beautiful but don't get in the water, it's very dangerous!

The time of year depends on what you want to catch most of. I think the Blue Marlin bite is best during the fall. This doesn't work for me cause I like to be in a tree with my bow at that time. Checkout some charter companies websites, some of them have "fishin calendars"that show you what bites are best during different times of the year. Also you can give them a call. We went with Land's End charters. They're not the biggest and most expensive charter company but they worked great for us. They aren't widely advertised but you might be able to find a # on the net. We saw several boats from bigger companies come in without any or not many flags flying.

It was recommended to me that we get our Mexican fishin liscense before our trip. Just call or fax the "Oficina de Pesca" for an application. Ph.619-233-4324 and fax 619-233-0344. The office is in San Diego.

Here a travelguide link: http://www.loscabosguide.com/
It should have most of the info you need somewhere on that site.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

You got me all fired up again! Our 1st trip was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" trip. Well,...........I gotta go back!!!!

BTW, Congrats on that VERY nice bow buck.

Here's my wahoo!

Old 03-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Tex, thanks for the reply. Me and my girl friend are planning the trip with my brother and his wife possibly coming along. Like you, we will be in a tree come fall. So we are thinking of making the trip late next winter, but if the marlin fishing is better later in spring or summer we would consider that also. Let us know how you do this June. Are you going with the same charter? If you have any more pix I would enjoy seeing them.....thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 02:00 AM

I think we're gonna try to go with the same charter. My buddy is supposed to be in charge of setting up our fishing plans, but I think he's draggin his feet. Might have to light a fire under his butt. One thing about Cabo, is that there are plenty of boats that you can charter to take you fishin. So we may just wait til we get there and pick one.

Oh yeah, if you like to party, there's plenty of that too!

Here's a fish calendar from one charter co.
http://www.cabomagic.com/FishChart.aspx

Here's a couple more pics. One of my lil baby roosterfish and another of my Jack.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Tex, that's some good fishing! I use to fish the Dry Tortugas out of key West for many years!I have a friend that has 2 charter boats in Costa Rica.
We had our boat moored at Clear Water, Fl for a few years. We went after King Kish!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:46 PM

Last June I went down to Hotel Punta Colorada on the east cape. of 55 people 50 caught striped Marlin with more than 70 caught that week, yellow fin tuna ran from football size to 80lbs. only a hand full of dorado, they had not moved into the area yet.
the resort is 60 miles northeast of Cabo San Lucas, I went with a group which helped onthe cost but I fished 5 days and the whole trip ran me about 1,700.
I can post some of the pic's if you like.

http://www.vanwormerresorts.com/puntacolorada.htm

Old 04-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi gotlost,
I would enjoy seeing some pix if its not too much of a bother. Did you take a package deal with the hotel or charter your fishing boat yourselfs? Sounds like the hotel is a ways from cabo, is there a town nearby?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:43 AM

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!

I just received my mexican fishin license!!!!!!!
I'm SO ready for this trip!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:52 PM

Hey fellas it's gettin closer!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm startin to get the shakes!!!

June 2nd just can't get here fast enough.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:42 PM

He Tex, wanting to know how your trip was. I know your getting ready for bow season as I and Dabow are, but, we really like fishing as well. Thinikng about a Cabo trip helps pass the time (when it's too dark to practice shooting) til Sept. 16th. Maybe we could even consider joining you on a Cabo trip. What ya yhink?

Quick Reply: Cabo San Lucas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.