Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Nicest Sounding Cartridge >

Nicest Sounding Cartridge

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Nicest Sounding Cartridge

Old 01-02-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Nicest Sounding Cartridge

Hi guys, i was just wonding which cartridge you all liked best...soundwise. Do you like a deep booming cartridge or a smaller quiet cartridge. Also, i'd be interested to know what the loudest/quietest cartridges you've heard are. And of course the guns from which they were fired.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nicest Sounding Cartridge

I like the sound of a muzzleloader best or my 12 gauge going off at geese in the morning air, but as far as rifle i love my 8x57 when it booms in the woods!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 11:22 AM

12 gauge going off at geese in the morning air,
just love that too!

The loudest ive heard is a 30-378 weatherby mag, thats just too loud[:@]
I like my 300 win mag deep boom and the thunder in the mountains afterwards!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:53 PM

Probably the coolest sounding from the least suspected was an AR-15 with a JP Enterprises muzzle brake on it. Sounded like an Abrams tank.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:34 PM

my loudest would be my .308 Norma Magnum, closely resembles a cannon. The quitest would have to be a .177 air gun, most twigs that snap in half make more noise. My favorite one, its a tossup between the boom of my 8mm or the thunder of my .308 norma. One cartridge i have a strong dislikency for is the .243 winchester....what a dud of a little gun, who would want one??
Old 01-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's so bad about the 243 i know ALOT of people who harvest their deer with it EVERY year? what makes the cartridge so bad?
Old 01-02-2005, 09:26 PM

Loudest and by far the most obnoxious gun Ive heard was a barrett m82a1 with cheap south african 647gr ammo(guess the guy couldnt afford to load for it after he sunk the 9 grand into it). It was a beast. The noise and concussion shook the ground, shook the roof over the firing line. My girlfriend was setting in the car 20 feet behind the shooting line and it shook the car!! A word of advise, do not stand in direct line with the ports of the muzzle brake. I knew that beforehand, but the ole boy that didn't sure got a wakeup call.
Interestingly, the BMG was a *****cat to shoot and because of the brake it was RELATIVELY quiet, concussion was still very obvious.

Nicest cartridge to shoot is a 44 special out of my SBH 6gr red dot 310 gr SWCGC.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

I'm partial to the boom of a 45-70 loaded with blackpowder. Second choice is a muzzleloader. Quietest would have to be the .22 short or CB shot out of the ole single shot rolling block Stevens.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

the loudest i own would be my rem model 700 in 7mmSTW w/brake, everybody at the range likes to move down a few benches after one shot.
Quietest would have to be the .22 short or CB
, i've shot air rifles that are louder/noisier than the cb's

the one i enjoy the most is my wifes model 7 in 260 rem, aahhh music to my ears

oh yea welcome to the forum

Quick Reply: Nicest Sounding Cartridge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.