Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

RELOADING BENCH

Old 12-30-2004, 04:51 PM

Default RELOADING BENCH

JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE FOR BENCH SET-UPS.I'M TRYING TO GET SET UP RIGHT,AND WAS WONDERING HOW HIGH YOU GO,HOW YOU SET YOUR STUFF UP,ECT.TRIED A FEW ROUNDS OUT ON AN OLD FOLDING TABLE,AND THIS DEFINETELY DOESN'T WORK WELL.
ARE THERE BENCHES ON THE MARKET YOU CAN BUY THAT ARE STABLE,OR DO YOU GUYS MAKE YOUR OWN.
THANKS
Old 12-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: RELOADING BENCH

Craftsman two drawer bench.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:35 PM

Home Depot has a wooden bench kit, boards are precut, comes with screws. Use glue, too. The are made a little cheaper now than a while back, but they are a good bench for $50. Of course if you are good with wood, you can make your own. These bench's tops are about 34 1/4" high, then add the thickness of your choice of a top, for a smooth work surface. I have 5 of them.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used a standard office desk, and added leg extensions to get it higher. The drawers work perfectly for storing manuals, and the center drawer that is normally used for pens etc. works great for allen wrenches, pocket cleaners, deburring tool, etc. I sit on a barstool and its the perfect height.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:40 PM

I designed and built my own. It is 8 ft. long and 33" tall. It has 6 legs made from 4x4's with a full shelf underneath made from 1/2" plywood. The top is 28" deep and made from 2x6 lumber and is all put together using deck screws. It's solid as a rock, should last forever and didn't cost all that much either!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:57 PM

I built my bench from plans found at this site. http://www.somerssportsmen.com/bench.pdf

Old 01-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Mines an old oak desk. Been a good one.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:19 PM

you want something solid that isn't going to rock around on you as you pull the handle. other than that, something that is the right height when you are at it. I sit at mine. It is a cheapy computer desk (pressed wood). Plenty of shelf space, but I have to go easy on the amount of weight that I put on the shelves or they want to pull apart. I had to anchor it to the wall at the top of the book rack to keep it from rocking. It is on carpet, which I don't suggest. It is to hard to clean under when you trim brass or spill powder. I sit at mine, and it has a drawer that slides out that I use to hold my case block, but that is to shakey for my powder measures. My wife had a shoe rack that is sturdy and just the right size for shoe boxes (go figure) that I have right beside my bench. I use clear plastic storage containers of that size (shoe box) to store my brass, bullets, and other small parts for easy reference and access.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:04 PM

I just ordered some reloading bench plans from here http://www.reload-nrma.com/orderform.html Eveyone I talked to says it's very sturdy and a great bench.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:59 AM

If you can find one. An old solid core door makes a great bench top.

Quick Reply: RELOADING BENCH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.