Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

[Deleted]

Old 03-05-2002, 07:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-05-2002, 07:35 PM

Default RE: Do you weigh cases??

Hello dave I will weigh them when working
up a load and then tend to reload the same ones for hunting. For poking holes in paper
or varmit I don't

Mike
Old 03-05-2002, 07:41 PM

I used to because it was the hot new thing to try.Did it help me any ,hard to say.Could of been a number of factors.It wasnt a 1/2" gain @ 100 yards or anything like that.For deer,its not worth the time,chucks maybe.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

For hunting ammo, I'll weigh, then throw out any that are much heavier or lighter than the rest. If I want to shoot the smallest possible groups on paper, I'll use cases of identical weight.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:13 AM

LAZYARCHER,
YES. Everything else is opinion. There was a posting on another BB that had a photo of a fair sized hunk of brass that was found because the cases were weighed. As far as weighing cases for accuracy. I AM VERY LAZY. Still I weigh ALL my rifle cases and cull by weight. I know this makes a difference because I've tested it several times. The same with recutting primer pockets, turning necks and trimming for length. The only thing I do for drill more than any real reason is to deburr the inside of the flashholes. On a standard size case, it doesn't seem to make any difference. I hope that this answers your questions.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:55 PM

hmmmmmm i never have .i inspect, measure and trim if needed but never wiegh.i'll have to look into this more.

Old 03-07-2002, 01:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I am trying to eek out the very best group that I can then I weigh mine. Many reloaders take it a step further and weigh the water that each case will hold as that will give the best measure of the inside case capacity. I usually dont bother. I do always sort out any military brass and load it seperate as the are almost always thicker and hold slighty less powder than commercial brass.

Old 03-07-2002, 07:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-07-2002, 07:56 AM
bigcountry

I weigh them. I used to get real nice groups then all the sudden get this flyer 2" away. So I figure its one step to get rid of the flyer. Its a never ending battle. Next, you will be looking a primer pocket uniformers, then Case concentricty gauges and then be making shoulder measurements. It seems there is no way to reach perfection.

But hey if you wanted to reload to match factory loads. I wouldn't wiegh.

Hope it helps.

Old 03-08-2002, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think for most people weighing the brass would be a waste of time .I sort by manufacturer but don't worry about the weight of the case that much . Maybe at 1000 meters it will make a difference ,but most people don't shoot that far anyway . I have tried it and I didn't see that big of a improvement at 200 to 300 yards .

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.