Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 PMC Green Non-Toxic Primers >

PMC Green Non-Toxic Primers

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

PMC Green Non-Toxic Primers

Old 07-12-2004, 01:13 PM

Default PMC Green Non-Toxic Primers

I just bought a case to try them out..

Has anyone ever used these primers, and if so, what is your opinion of them?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PMC Green Non-Toxic Primers

How much do they cost compared to standard primers?
Old 07-13-2004, 10:56 AM

Well, I bought them online, so I had to pay the hazmat fee of $25 also.

I paid about $145 total for a case of 5000 (including shipping and hazmat). Standard primers on the same site would cost approx. $105 including shipping and hazmat

I went in halfs on a case with a buddy, so I only spent $70. If they work well, I will say it was worth it. Should have them by Friday, were shipped same day I ordered them!
Old 08-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

geez, I would never buy primers or powder from online or mail order b/c of the simple fact the hazmat charge is rediculous. Man, 70 dollars for 2500 primers you got ripped my friend.
LOL non-toxic primers thats a load of bull why are they non toxic , primer manufactures no longer produce primers with mercury in them. So I dont understand how much more non toxic can you get with a primer. I would have just went to the gun store and bought 3,000 winchester primers for 50 bucks. eheheh PMC green party non-toxic primers for the treehugging reloader. For god sake you push a hot piece of lead from your barrel not to mention the harmful lead vapors a non-toxic primer won't make a difference if you are worried about it. LMAO this guy cracks me up "non toxic primer"
Old 08-03-2004, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you shoot alot in indoor ranges, a non-lead styphnate primer can seriously reduce your lead exposures. Also if you reload several thousand rounds of ammo a year, standard primers are going release dust of lead compounds into your work area, and many people reload inside their homes.

Lead exposures from bullets being fired is not a hazard- there is not enough heat applied to the bullet for a long enough time to melt the lead in it.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:15 AM

"primers for the tree hugging reloader"...funny

Call me what you will, but I reload in excess of 75,000 rounds in a year. (Shooting 90% in an indoor range, and all reloaded in my home, sometimes with the help of my kids) Anything I can do to reduce my exposure (and theirs) to toxins, I will do. YOU may not have a care in the world, but some of us do.

If you "dont understand how much more non-toxic you can get with a primer", you should do a little research....you might actually learn something.

As far as price goes, I am more than willing to pay the extra. Whether you agree or disagree with this aspect is of no great importance to me, as you are not funding my hobbies. My next order of 20 cases will be a bit more cost effective...nice price break!
Old 08-04-2004, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea well just given ya a hard time I looked into lead exposure from primers I guess you were right . Hope you will except my deepest apologies. I just got into reloading metallic cartridges less then a year ago and already reload atleast 100 .308's and 500 .38 specials a week, I have been loading shotshells for nearly 10 years now and reload about 1000 shells monthly. Perhaps I may look into the non toxic primers myself since I do my reloading indoors and never really gave it much thought about the lead exposure.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea the tree hugger part , LOL I saw PMC green non toxic primers, first thing that come to mind when i saw the words green and non toxic together was the green party a treehugger political group. Just i'm sick and tired of the liberals and the EPA constantly restricting our sport.