Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 progressive press >

progressive press

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

progressive press

Old 01-26-2004, 05:57 PM

Default progressive press

I am looking to buy a progressive press for loading pistol ammo. What are the good ones and the ones to stay away from? I reload for my rifles now, would I be better off just buying dies and using my Rockchucker?
Old 01-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: progressive press

It dpends on how many rounds you're shooting...the rockchucker will certainly do the pistol rounds nicely.....but for a progressive I'd look at Dillan.....and they have a 550 and a 650...both need to be seen at your reloading store to be appreciated...there's another dark horse out there...it's Hornady's lock and load AP...auto progressive.....and once you get the hang of that press.....it's pretty good!!!!

Dillan's presses come with a video (for $10 bucks extra)...and worth every nickel!!! Hornady is too cheap to even have one available...too bad...it's a fine product that just needs to be explained.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

One other option is the piggy back from RCBS it'll convert your rock chucker.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
bigcountry

If you got the coin, go quality. If you shoot alot, I mean alot, go quality and get yourself a dillon. If you shoot like me, about 1000 pistol rounds a year, might want to consider the Lee Pro 1000. i got one. I swear at it all the time. But it does do the job. Not near as nice as a dillion. If I shot more, I would upgrade. But I am obsessed with rifle shooting, so thats what I consentrate on.

Old 01-28-2004, 03:57 PM

GO FOR THE BLUE!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have an almost brand new Lee progressive loader I use for my .44 mag. I loaded about 10 boxes of ammo for it. It is fine and you can buy other turrets and dies for it. I'm thinking about selling it cause I don't shoot enough to merit having it. That and the fact that I have over 1000 rds of 44s. Anyone want a good buy?
Old 01-28-2004, 08:25 PM

If your looking for a progressive press there is only one you need to even think about. Dillon!

And don't even think about a Hornady

dillonprecision.com
Old 01-29-2004, 06:33 PM

my current plan includes getting a dillon 550. Now i dont know about hornady or rcbs, as i have no experience with them. But i never hear anything bad about dillon, sometimes hear bad things about about hornady and rcbs. take that at what its worth (not much really)
Old 01-30-2004, 06:54 PM

Looks like it's going to be a Dillon. I went to there web site and they look pretty good. The hard part is going to be finding a dealer locally. Thanks for your help guys.

Quick Reply: progressive press

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.