Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Need a reason

Old 11-14-2003, 07:52 PM

Default Need a reason

I am a hunter and a shooter and want to start reloading at my own house but i have parents that dont want gun powder in the house. I want to start competion shooting someday and thought reloading would help with accuracy and cost. How would i talk them into allowing me to start.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need a reason

Move out and get a job.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:45 PM

Do you have a shed or something? Theres gas in the garage right? Gun powder is flamable, but doesn' t combust on its own. I would try to convince them that it is safe, good luck. If you want to shoot comp, reload. It is much cheaper (if you already have to equipment) and you can get the most accurate load for your gun.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gun powder is flamable but like tabby said it don' t just burst into flames all by itself. I can think of many things that are in my apartment that are flmable. Charcoal lighter fluid, gasoline, liquor, wifes hair spray, preloaded bullets and shotgun shells, lighters, matches, etc...etc...

Just try to explain to them that it is as safe as many of the house hold things that are in the house now. That you will store all of it properly (garage is not reccomended due to no climate control) and use all safety precautions.

Man, more parents should be like me. Just kidding.