Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

25-06

Old 09-20-2023, 09:01 PM
Spike

Default 25-06

What's everyones go to bullet for deer in the .25-06? I have used the 115BT so far with great success. Thinking of trying the SST next.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

you will not find a better deer bullet than the 115 NBT at 25/06 MV's, used them for years in a 25 wssm at 3000 fps and never recovered one no matter the shot angle or what was hit.The SST's are a lot more tender, shoulder impacts waste a lot of meat.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is no doubt the Speer 120gr Hot-Cor and I've been using it for years. When i found out Speer was going to discontinue that bullet i bought 12 boxes and still have about 8 so I'm set. I load it in front of RL25 or RL22, both are very accurate and consistent with the RL25 producing just a tad more velocity. The Speer Hot-Cor has always been excellent in both accuracy and performance on game for me. I know several guys in the area that use the 115gr BT in their 25's and swear by that bullet. I agree the SST seems to be a little explosive if pushed fast and especially shoulder shots. I'd stick with the BT since it's been so good to you thus far or maybe try the 110gr Accubond if you're just wanting something different.