Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Are large rifle primers >

Are large rifle primers

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Are large rifle primers

Old 09-06-2023, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Are large rifle primers

Totally extinct or is anyone finding any? I think its total BS, here is why
primers: any brand of small rifle primers are readily available, why can't they keep up with large ones?
bullets: Hornady, sierra, hammer are readily available, why can't Berger and Nosler keep up.
brass: seems like the only brass available is the few vintage chamberings and the stuff that you read all the hype about 2-3 years ago.

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 09-06-2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-06-2023, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Tons of them on Gunbroker . I dont reload so I cant compare prices or know if one brand is better than the other

Magnum Large Rifle Primers

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...13&PageSize=96

Large Rifle Primers 1000 to 5000 count

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...13&PageSize=96

Old 09-08-2023, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rumor has it that Commercial ammo and military supply chains are sucking them dry.

I bought 3k BR2’s and 2k Federals for my 6 creeds back in the spring, and haven’t really seen more since then, but I also haven’t been looking terribly hard either. I didn’t terribly enjoy what I paid for any of them, but I paid what I had to pay to get them and now I have them, and will pay what I have to pay again when I find more. I am getting a bad need for Federal 215M’s for my new Big Gun, but I have 5k on order with a local shop, and I probably won’t like what I will pay for them when they arrive either. But I’ll have them when they come.
Old 09-08-2023, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can't even order them here, all the gun shops order them every week and seems they never come in, maybe once a year they get a couple thousand, but WHY does every gun shop have small rifle primers?
Old 10-09-2023, 03:33 AM
Spike

Just ordered from Gunbroker, thanks
Old 10-17-2023, 08:11 AM
Spike

I also recently checked the GunBroker reviews and found several great variants there. It seems that shop owners just choose what rifles to sell according to their personal preferences But it is always possible to find what you need online.

Last edited by Euge; 10-18-2023 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-28-2023, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

THOSE PRICES FOR federal 215M PRIMERS ARE now insane,
I'M SO VERY GLAD I BOUGHT a couple boxes of 5k when I did, ,
but I paid what I thought at that time was absolutely exorbitant prices $149 each, (for 5k)
now I look back and think.... damn I should have bought three times that amount..
simply because almost all the cartridges I reload use them.

have you checked the prices on new BRASS lately? I've been quoted in most cases, well, its more than doubled and in some cases tripled from what it was going for only a couple years ago

Last edited by hardcastonly; 10-28-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2023, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

When they realize they can't just take them from us they'll find a way to price us out.
Old 10-30-2023, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

yeah, that might be a valid idea, the left wing political elite would love to push, you've posted
they already tried to push a 1000% penalty or added tax on the price of semi auto rifles and an annual licence fee/tax on ownership,
and forced registration, but those were so obviously just back door gun confiscation plans that they failed to gain enough support to pass.
you can't have the ideal liberal state
(COMMUNISM WHERE THE FEW ELITE CONTROL THE MASSES)
WITHOUT THE ELITE controlling
all the firearms, property rights, property ownership, means of production and wages

Last edited by hardcastonly; 10-30-2023 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2023, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

believe it or not I have managed to secure a couple thousand large rifle primers in the past week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.