Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
I'm looking for suggestions on a case catcher/ar15 >

I'm looking for suggestions on a case catcher/ar15

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

I'm looking for suggestions on a case catcher/ar15

Old 09-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default I'm looking for suggestions on a case catcher/ar15

I'm looking for suggestions on a case catcher that is both reasonably priced and easily used ,
that can be used at a local range to catch fired shell cases, that can quickly be attached to almost any basic AR15 rifle
I hate chasing cases, I have currently one thats basically a butterfly net,
that is attached to a camera tripod separate from the rifle,
it works flawlessly but only if you shoot from one location
so any suggestions welcome, yeah theres several listed on midsouth, midway, and other web sites But I don,t know what works
what have you gentlemen found works best
https://ads.midwayusa.com/brass-catchers-deflectors-and-pouches/br?cid=19758&cm_mmc=ps_google-_-google-_-ST_Range_Supplies_Equipment_Beta_G-_-brass+catcher&utm_medium=paid-

search&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=ST_Range%20S upplies%20Equipment_Beta_G&utm_term=%2Bbrass%20%2B catcher&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxcXy37v72AIVVbnACh07yA1v EAMYASAAEgKISfD_BwE

Last edited by hardcastonly; 09-07-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

For catching, I use cheap Caldwell catchers. They work, and are cheap enough to keep a couple around. I do, however, use a lot of simple deflectors when shooting on a square range.

A simple weaver ring half with a bit of Kydex and you’ll have an inexpensive deflector ready to go. If you’re decent at forming Kydex, you can make one even more low profile.