Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Reloading rifle cartridges for the very first time >

Reloading rifle cartridges for the very first time

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading rifle cartridges for the very first time

Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigtimerNC
The RCBS Rockchucker Supreme
well what do you think about your press or reloading now that you've started ? it's dangerous now you will be spending spending spending ! lol
Old 03-19-2016, 01:04 PM
Spike

I love it so far. I'm in it for about $1,250 so far but it gives me something to do while I'm here alone.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigtimerNC
I love it so far. I'm in it for about $1,250 so far but it gives me something to do while I'm here alone.
you know the saying you can't take it with ya so why not spend it on something you enjoy !!
Old 03-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

also food for thought, besides doing different power charges for load /grouping data, you can also play with OAL of bullet in case
bullet jump can play a big part on accuracy too

as you get into more and more accurate game, you will start weighing cases and go nuts with over kill

Been a 1,000 yard shooter for 30 yrs, the amount of steps you can do is crazy seeking the best load/bullet powder ..
Old 03-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to see you went with IMR 4350, as I think you will find it to be a good choice. As others have mentioned, that's what I use in all three of my 30-06s, as well as my 25-06, and all four shoot under MOA with no problem.