Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Tipped or Hollow PT ???? >

Tipped or Hollow PT ????

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Tipped or Hollow PT ????

Old 03-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tipped or Hollow PT ????

To those who loaded tipped and or hollow pt bullets for Prairie dog hunting what is the most accurate as a rule , obviously my gun will decide it but what do most of you that have been there done it have to say, of coarse loading with accuracy in mind thanks guys
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Ridge Runner said.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can shoot prairie dogs just about any day I want and I shoot a bunch of them. In .20 and .22 cal bullets I prefer v max or "tipped" bullets because of their higher BC s and overall accuracy. Either work very well though.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have shot them with both. Pasture poodles don't seem to have one preferance over another!!!!!!!! I just seem to like the tipped and the rifles that I have loaded for for the most part seem to lean towards the boattail tipped a tad more.
I have a Ruger no.1 in 22-250 that won't shoot a BT to save its life or mine. Now, drop in some Sierra 53grn FB Matchkings, and watch that hole stop growing after about 10 shots.

Last edited by SecondChance; 03-16-2013 at 08:49 AM.