Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Traded brass for reloading gear. >

Traded brass for reloading gear.

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Traded brass for reloading gear.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Traded brass for reloading gear.

I fell into a new gun shop in town and the guy was wanting brass for his shop. I took him 2K once fired, sized and tumbled 9mm, 400 .40cal and 400-.223 Rem. for a total of 2800 pieces, not primed.
I inturn got a new set of Lyman Universal shellholders, set of new RCBS steel dies, Box of Hornady 30cal Interlocks, box of Zombie .308 rounds and a box of .380 Hornady Critical Defense. I think I did OK.
I done all the brass myself. What are once fired, prepped brass going for in your neighborhood?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

surplus.. some stuff is worthless because it's overabundant..
Old 04-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats more or less what I thought. But when you have several 5 gal buckets of each setting around doing nothing, he just opened up, had somethings I could use, he needed the brass to get started, I thought what the heck. I just never looked into what prepped brass gets at places and was just nosey.

Last edited by SecondChance; 04-23-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

SC,

Hook me up. I have some brass some of it not so common that I would sell or trade with the guy. See my thread below.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
SC,

Hook me up. I have some brass some of it not so common that I would sell or trade with the guy. See my thread below.
Remember me? I bought all those primers and 45 lead bullets from you about 2 months ago. I met your daughter.
I have no use for the brass you have listed for if I did, I would have bought them as well at the same time. I called him and he as well declined for he is still sitting on what I traded him for now and is not wanting to get too far over his head with brass for now for what I traded him is rather commonly loaded brass.

Last edited by SecondChance; 04-23-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

SC,

Yep, I remember. Sorry for not putting 2 and 2 together.

O.k. Thanks for trying.