Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
6mm rem trim die >

6mm rem trim die

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

6mm rem trim die

Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default 6mm rem trim die

I recently picked up a set of RCBS dies for my 6mm rem. included in the set is a trim die. What is this and how do I use it ? thanks

Last edited by cubfan56; 03-25-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Spike

Trim die,good choice, I have a trim die for most calibers I load for, the trim die is a forming die and a trim die, the top of the trim die is said to be harder than a file, meaning the trim die is to be used in the press and adjusted down to the shell holder, once a case in installed and the ram raised anything ticking/protruding above the die is to be trimmed with a file. The trim dies I have produce cases that are very uniform in length.

With the trim/form die 6mm Remington cases can be formed from 7mm57 cases, or 257 Roberts cases, I have formed 6mm Remington cases from 30/06 cases with the trim die. And then there is the do-nut, going from 30/06 to 6mm Remington turns the trim/form die into a do-nut making machine. I have neck reamers that take care of that issue.

If I had one trim/form die it would be the 308 W trim/form die.

F. Guffey
Old 03-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Spike

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info i found a video on you-tube but I didnt know I could file down other cases