Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Anyone still see HS-7 powder out there? >

Anyone still see HS-7 powder out there?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Anyone still see HS-7 powder out there?

Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone still see HS-7 powder out there?

I use it for a back-up load and can't find it anywhere no more. Anyone still see it on the shelf anymore? Will be really broken hearted if I can't find another 8lb jug. I have tried Longshot, Blue Dot and Herco and can't find a load that patterns as well as this and with rather mild recoil compared to other loads I have tried. I use it with an 1-3/8ths of copper shot in a 2-3/4" AA hull.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't believe Hodgdon still lists or sells HS-7 powder.

I believe most of the Hodgdon Powders are being made by an Australian Company. You might want to contact them for a replacemnt.

Try Gamalial Shooting Supply. They may have some old stock sitting around. They have alot of powder. Tom.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
I don't believe Hodgdon still lists or sells HS-7 powder.

I believe most of the Hodgdon Powders are being made by an Australian Company. You might want to contact them for a replacemnt.

Try Gamalial Shooting Supply. They may have some old stock sitting around. They have alot of powder. Tom.
I may have to. Bad thing is, I live in Illinois and they may REALLY slap it to me if they even ship it to me. May have to have it sent to a FFL IF I can even get it. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gamalial will not slap it to you on shipping. But UPS certainly will. Tom.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
Gamalial will not slap it to you on shipping. But UPS certainly will. Tom.
I just checked Gamalial and they don't list HS-7, just HS-6. No good. As I have been doing all along, just keep looking!!! Thanks.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to call them. They have two stores, and are a distributor. And they specialze in shotgun reloading.

Call them and see if they have any old stock on the shelf. I would doubt they would show it on their web site. But if it is in one of their stores they will still sell it to you. Just saying.

There is also a very large shotgun reloading store in Finley(sp., maybe Findlay), OH. The name of the store is Jaqua's. They may also have some older stock laying around. Tom.