Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Acubond

Old 01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Question Acubond

Thanks to all who gave me information on sst's now I got another question for y'all. A friend gave me two boxes of 270wsm shells today one was 150gr Winchester balistic silvertips(perfect deer rounds) and a box of 140gr Winchester acubonds. Now the bst's are cxp 2 for deer the accubonds are cxp3 for thick slimed game but I hear of folks useing accubonds to kill deer so what's the deal here if there bonded to that extint will they expand on a deer? Should I try them or save them for bear and elk? Please help inform me on the diffrence in the bullets and will they be good deer rounds. Thank y'all for any help
Old 01-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Accubonds

Been loading Acubonds for four 7 mags in 140 grain killing deer from 70 yds past 400 must say we are very pleased with them, very accurate, and great penetration, and very good weight retention,don't be afraid to use em on deer.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them in my 300 win mag since they came out. They expand well and leave good blood trails to follow. I havent shot all that many with them 7 deer and 2 hogs, all performed as intended. I shoot the 165gr in my 300.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found for my rifles I load for hunting deer and elk, AB 180 gr spitzer can be very accurate and reliable bullet, especially in the heavy hide/bone shots, the bullet holds together well. It's not the only bullet to do this. But it has been very reliable and accurate for me for years. Making the good shot, is still up to you.