Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Barnes Vortx Ammo... >

Barnes Vortx Ammo...

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Barnes Vortx Ammo...

Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnes Vortx Ammo...

Bought a couple of boxes of the 80gr ttsx for the 243 to see if the gun liked them before I tried reloading them.

I have NEVER shot anything or even reloaded anything that shot that good. If you can hold the gun steady it will either ream holes or touch holes every shot. I ran through a hole box of it just because I didnt wanna quit shooting..LoL This particular rifle has always preferred 80-90's instead of the 100's.

Now I wonder if Barnes will hook me up with that recipe and if this bullet is good medicine for deer

Anybody else tried this things?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Never tried them. They are actually loaded by Remington in a Remington ammo plant.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 PM
bigcountry

You know rarely do I find the TSX NOT to shoot well in any gun. Great bullet.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cajun I have always had good luck with accuracy from the Remington ammo.. but nothing has ever approached this kind of accuracy for me. I did wonder where it came from though.

Big... I cant wait to try this one a deer. However after being promised the entire week off to hunt I was informed yesterday my services are sorely needed this week... grrrr...