Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Universal Charge Bar >

Universal Charge Bar

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Universal Charge Bar

Old 10-05-2010, 01:01 PM
bigcountry

Default Universal Charge Bar

Thinking of getting a universal charge bar for my MEC 600. Looks like a no-brainer. But it appears some do not like em. Any reason not to like em?

Old 10-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I have dozens of bushings.....I wish I'd have purchased a universal bar the first time.....do it!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one years ago for loading steel. Has a rubber insert on the shot side.
Must admit, I had a hard time adjusting it properly, but after getting use to it, it worked out fine. Now having said that, I'm not going to get rid of my regular bars or powder insert bushings either. They're much quicker to use. Course, you must have a weight scale to check both the adjustible bar and as the powder bushings are always off, for those too, if you want to be picky about your shot reloads. I have always found them to be short at least by a grain, if not more. So Far.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
bigcountry

I guess worse case I just sell it and get regular bars. I am going to order it.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like mine and once you find the settings for your most used loads, simply write them down and then you have a reference point and can change from one load to the next and back again, and be in the ball park.
I've had mine for 15 years I think.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

I like mine. I have 3 bars w 6 bushings ,but the adjustable let's me load way down for the new kids learning to shoot and 1.25 oz steel loads and everything in between.