Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

primer question

Old 09-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default primer question

Started to load some shells a few months ago. I was interuppted and never finished. I was in the process of priming the cases. So I ask do you think the primers are still ok? they have been kept inside and in good flip top case. If not how would you remove them?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Spike

Between my wife and my 11 month old son I rarley get all the way done with a batch of reloads. I usally just take the primmed cases and put them back in the brass bag which has a zip-lock top on it. These are stored inside the house in my blast cabinet. I have yet to have any problem with FTF. I think as long as the humidity is kept to a minimum you should not have a problem. If you still want to pop the primmers out I would pop the cap in my rifle before going to the bench. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction as if you had a live round.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Shoulder Strap View Post
Started to load some shells a few months ago. I was interuppted and never finished. I was in the process of priming the cases. So I ask do you think the primers are still ok? they have been kept inside and in good flip top case. If not how would you remove them?
Of course they are fine. The original packaging on primers is not exactly airtight. As long as your reloading room wasn't flooded or something.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Prairie Wolf View Post
Of course they are fine. The original packaging on primers is not exactly airtight. As long as your reloading room wasn't flooded or something.
Never thought of it that way. Thanks