Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Question about adjustable triggers >

Question about adjustable triggers

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Question about adjustable triggers

Old 07-07-2003, 12:52 PM

Default Question about adjustable triggers

I figured that you guys would be able to answer this question since most reloaders are particular about the whole gun.

What is the best adjustable trigger on the market for hunting? This adjustable trigger should be able to go from 1 to 4 pounds and will be going in a Remington 700 Scendero in 7mm Ultra Mag.

Also, what do you guys feel is the perfect weight on a trigger for a hunting situation. I have found that the factory trigger on this riffle is a little too heavey and causes a little movement when shooting free hand.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:55 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Question about adjustable triggers

I like the Timneys ok. They will fit the bill I think. The jewels are nice but expensive. I used to drop my rifles to 2lb - 2.5lbs. But lately like the 3.5lbs if very crisp for hunting. That 2lbs is a little light for my taste.

Old 07-07-2003, 05:03 PM

The best is Jewell but they' re pricey. Here' s a place that sells them:

http://www.georgiaprecision.com/cart.../RemJewell.htm
Old 07-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Another vote for Jewell triggers. I have several of them on M700' s. Arnold Jewell makes the best trigger bar none. You get what you pay for, these triggers are masterpieces. It' s amazing how safe they are even when set down to just a few oz.' s.....besides Jewell is only 30 minutes away from me He started making them 1 at a time for himself and his BR buddies, the word spread out and now his name means triggers in the shooting world.

AA
Old 07-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shilen Triggers are of quality also; go to www.sinclairintl.com for all the triggers mentioned above.

I think 3 lbs. is sufficient for hunting.

Good luck.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jewel is the best but shilen are good for much less money.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

All my remingtons with the exception of the last one i bought have the factory triggers still on them adjusted to 3lbs and they break nice and crisp. The one i just recently bought is also set at 3lbs but it still has some creep in it about every 2 out of 10 shots that i can' t get out. I hope timney is a good trigger because i ordered one. I looked at the jewel but just didn' t have that much money to put in a trigger right now. For hunting 3lbs has always worked fine for me but i wouldn' t want to go any lower.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:53 PM

I would do my best to get the Remington trigger to work, I also have my Remington triggers adjusted as mentioed above,
Old 07-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I adjust all my 700 triggers with no problems,2.5 lb. is what I like for " big game" . But when I shoot woodchucks here in PA I put a Jewell trigger on adjusted down to 10- 14 oz...[8D]
Old 07-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bring the Remington trigger to a good gunsmith and there shouldn' t be a need for a custom trigger. If you insist on replacing it then use a Jewell with Shilens right below them.

Quick Reply: Question about adjustable triggers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.