Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
........................................ >

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

Default ........................................

Last edited by Risasi; 04-16-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dug around for info on that very topic...

quality control is the biggest thing...

im shooting nothing but Federal 210 Match primers...already got a good stock of them...

ive heard mixed reports...some guys see a difference in certain rifles...others no difference...i'll stick with them just for piece of mind and better quality control...

atleast in my rifles...my AR and pistols will likely get regular primers as a misfire or whatever while punchin paper isnt a huge deal...bad primer when a big ole buck is in my scope will have me upset...and i do realize it can still happen with match primers...but better quality control should mean the chances are much slimmer...
Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Banned

I thought it had something to do with the consistency of the actual burn.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only thing that separates regular primers from match primers is the person making them. They have exhibited an ability to produce exceptionally consistent primers.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
The only thing that separates regular primers from match primers is the person making them. They have exhibited an ability to produce exceptionally consistent primers.
BB I don't think it could have been stated any better.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

i did read, i forget what manufacturer, doesnt make their match primers on Monday or Friday when most errors and poor work it put out as its been shown those are the days workers arent upto par...
Old 03-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mauser06
i did read, i forget what manufacturer, doesnt make their match primers on Monday or Friday when most errors and poor work it put out as its been shown those are the days workers arent upto par...
I saw the same thing after reading Bulls post. One mentioned only making them on Saturdays as a "special". Interesting about Monday and Friday. Hard to believe in the world of computers and automation, there is work left to ones ability.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya...they still say to buy vehicles made on a tue, wed or thursday....

first day of the production week people arent in the working mood...last day of the week, same thing...its been proven..

heck, same goes with machines and computers i bet...more troubles likely to happen when they first start running or after theyve been running hard for a while...

like my buddy farming...his break downs are almost always happening when he first starts running something or in the last field or 2 lol...

like i said, i'll pay a little extra for better quality control and peace of mind knowing that when i pull the trigger my gun should go BOOM...