Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

40s&w

Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i was gonna get the sig barrel fer my 40...but i have put it off cause size aint much of a difference.what would be the benefit fer gettin that barrel.
The .357 sig cartridge would give you a different ballistic range. I think it was designed to compete with the .357 mag ballistically, however it does not. The cost of the ammo is atleast 50% more. Unless you want it for something different then I see no benefit to getting that. I went from the .357 sig to the .40 s&w to cut down on cost at the range and the ease of finding ammo.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

what are we lookin at here? look the same..i think the black one hides some of the features, but overall the same?

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
Bigcounty / Spanial

I'll jump right in to the conversation about aftermarket barrels. I just bought a Lonewolf barrel for my G23. I have not started reloading for it yet but plan too soon and that was the reason for purchasing it. I just got it yesterday so I have not fired it yet. The fit and finish is excellent. If it shoots as good, I will be very happy. So far I have only chambered some A zoom snap caps through it and they chamber without a problem.

Here is a picture so you can see the difference in chamber support. The Lonewolf's chamber is definitely a lot tighter.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The black one as you can see leaves more of the case unsupported below the web, it's not much more but it is visible.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thndrchiken
The black one as you can see leaves more of the case unsupported below the web, it's not much more but it is visible.
yeah i c now..jus a lil
Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the report I promised....

I finally got to get out and shoot some rounds through both. I was very surprised by the results. The parts that look "unsupported" in the pictures are actually below (closer to the rear) where the case is solid. The part of the case that holds the powder and bulges is in the chamber.

As I mentioned before, the glock's chamber is a lot looser then the Lone wolf's chamber. The Glock bulge happens inside the chamber space. There is a very noticeable difference in the brass fired from each.

On my reloads, It would jamb if I dropped the slide with the slide release. It loaded fine if I pulled the slide back and then released it that way. After loading the first round it would run through the rest of the magazine fine. I had noticed a crease in the brass as well that was being made on the top of the feed ramp. I took that edge off and then polished it up along with the rest of the feed ramp. I have not shot it since but with some dummy rounds I made, it is feeding without any problems or creases when using the slide release. The accuracy was good with factory rounds but not a major improvement over the stock barrel. I need to work on my reloads because they didn't shoot as tight as the Federal I shot.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
yeah i c now..jus a lil

In comparing the two side by side, the Glock chamber is looser all around.