Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

.308 win loads

Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default .308 win loads

Im researching some loads for .308 win for a friend of mine, we shoot a lot of deer and hogs out to about 400 some a little further but not too much. What are some of yalls favorite loads for these applications? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
bigcountry

I have been using 45gr of Varget with 165gr gameking for over a decade. But looking back, there has been alot of zoots and blowups. Working on a 150gr TSX load now.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Tipped tsx? Ive seen good things out of them in hot loads i.e 300 wsm 280 AI. In my buddies .308 im wanting to try something that we cant shoot in our hotter rounds like nosler ballistics or sst's the .308's slower velocity should make expansion more controlled than in my 270 win shouldnt it? How does that gameking work on deer/hog size game?