Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
point of impact and reloading >

point of impact and reloading

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

point of impact and reloading

Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by driftrider
Well, you could spend a lot of time and money and try adjusting the seating depth, neck tension (you'll need some expensive bushing dies), or powder charge to get the bullet to leave the muzzle at the right time to shift the POI back to center... or you could just turn that little knobby-clicky thing on the side of your scope 5-6 clicks left and call it good!

BTW, nice group there! Looks like your found your load.

Mike
Mike,
I think I would rather spend the money on powder, primers, and bullets. I have also found that the knobby-clicky thingy would be the most cost effective way to solve the problem. Yeah I am excited about the this load with these 110 gr bullets, however, I am finding out that my rifle does not like h4831 to much. I have went to the same procedure to load up some 130 gr nosler bt and I cant seem to get a decent group. I guess I will have to get some more imr 4831.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

..........Got 4350??
Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pawildman
..........Got 4350??
No I don't, but when I was at the range, this other guy who reloaded told me about it. I might have to pick a pound or two up and see how it works out. This gentleman reload 30.06, 243, 300 win mag,and some others. He said 4350 was a nice all around powder. Would you agree with this statement?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Spike

Default 4350 more universal the 4831

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
YEP! thats is correct
RR
RR,
The reason that i started using 4831 was for one its what all the books call for it in .270 and for two I only have one rifle right now. Do you think that 4350 would be better than 4831?