Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Remington Bronze Point bullets. >

Remington Bronze Point bullets.

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Remington Bronze Point bullets.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington Bronze Point bullets.

What are your experiences with them? I picked up some loaded 270 Win. ammo with these loaded in them and am wanting some feedback on these. I have never heard of them before.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Used them for a few years while I was living im Montana and they were devastating on mule deer. Two thumbs up from me...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Fork Horn

Old bullet, if you find some more, keep me in mind! They were wonderful....when they made em!
Dan
Old 10-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Fork Horn

BOY, that's a name you don't hear much these days, BRONZE POINTS.. many many moons ago they were very very popular.. they shot good and were killers on medium sized whitetails in PA... I haven't even seen a box in a generation or more.. maybe their collectors items these days..
Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did find some info on them last night and Midway was one of the last ones to list them. I think the last date was late 2007. One thing that people liked about them is that the points didn't deform like lead tips do even after many loadings in and out of the magazine or clip. I have 41 rnds. loaded up in 130gr 270.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

..Wonder why they stopped making them if they were so popular?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

REMINGTON bronze point ,i used to use them ..bullet is not bonded and will disintegrate if it hits bone ..shoulder shots waste a lot of meat ..there are much better bullets out there now .. NOSLER ACCUBOND]
Old 10-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Remington Bronze Point is a really good bullet. I killed a lot of whitetail deer, mule deer and several elk with them. Never had one disintegrate, even on the shoulders of big bull elk.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guy that gave them to me with the Rem. 721 in 270 said that he and other guys that he hunted with used them on Elk in Montana. He was rather reluctant to hand them over, especially the ones loaded on Norma brass lol. Until then though, I had never heard of Bronze Points or Bronze Tips as he called them. They are a nice looking bullet too imho.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pawildman
..Wonder why they stopped making them if they were so popular?
The Rem. Bronze Point had it's proponents and detractors, much like the Ballistic Tip. Actually, the Ballistic Tip is just a modern clone of the Bronze Point. That is: a hollow point bullet, with a plug to help initiate expansion. Bronze Points were always more expensive than cup and core bullets like the core-lokt. I believe that the little bronze "umbrella" is at least 10 times as expensive to produce as the plastic version.