HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Reloading (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading-15/)
-   -   Remington Bronze Point bullets. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/308134-remington-bronze-point-bullets.html)

TUK101 10-27-2009 06:14 PM

Remington Bronze Point bullets.

What are your experiences with them? I picked up some loaded 270 Win. ammo with these loaded in them and am wanting some feedback on these. I have never heard of them before.

AZBear 10-27-2009 08:52 PM

Used them for a few years while I was living im Montana and they were devastating on mule deer. Two thumbs up from me...

longknife12 10-28-2009 02:26 AM

Old bullet, if you find some more, keep me in mind! They were wonderful....when they made em!
Dan

Frank in the Laurel 10-28-2009 03:30 AM

BOY, that's a name you don't hear much these days, BRONZE POINTS.. many many moons ago they were very very popular.. they shot good and were killers on medium sized whitetails in PA... I haven't even seen a box in a generation or more.. maybe their collectors items these days..

TUK101 10-28-2009 08:07 AM

I did find some info on them last night and Midway was one of the last ones to list them. I think the last date was late 2007. One thing that people liked about them is that the points didn't deform like lead tips do even after many loadings in and out of the magazine or clip. I have 41 rnds. loaded up in 130gr 270.

Pawildman 10-28-2009 12:41 PM

..Wonder why they stopped making them if they were so popular?

heinz57 10-28-2009 12:44 PM

REMINGTON bronze point ,i used to use them ..bullet is not bonded and will disintegrate if it hits bone ..shoulder shots waste a lot of meat ..there are much better bullets out there now .. NOSLER ACCUBOND]

falcon 10-28-2009 01:58 PM

The Remington Bronze Point is a really good bullet. I killed a lot of whitetail deer, mule deer and several elk with them. Never had one disintegrate, even on the shoulders of big bull elk.

TUK101 10-28-2009 08:15 PM

The guy that gave them to me with the Rem. 721 in 270 said that he and other guys that he hunted with used them on Elk in Montana. He was rather reluctant to hand them over, especially the ones loaded on Norma brass lol. Until then though, I had never heard of Bronze Points or Bronze Tips as he called them. They are a nice looking bullet too imho.

keyshunter 10-29-2009 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pawildman (Post 3487204)
..Wonder why they stopped making them if they were so popular?

The Rem. Bronze Point had it's proponents and detractors, much like the Ballistic Tip. Actually, the Ballistic Tip is just a modern clone of the Bronze Point. That is: a hollow point bullet, with a plug to help initiate expansion. Bronze Points were always more expensive than cup and core bullets like the core-lokt. I believe that the little bronze "umbrella" is at least 10 times as expensive to produce as the plastic version.