Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 What case trimmer do you use and why? >

What case trimmer do you use and why?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What case trimmer do you use and why?

Old 05-25-2003, 06:06 PM

Default What case trimmer do you use and why?

I have been useing the Lee case length gauge & shell holder combo to trim my brass, but recently I have purchased rifles chambered in cartridges that Lee does not offer a length gauge for. I am looking to buy a lathe style trimmer either hand crank or electric and I am intereseted in what other members use. Thanks for all your help.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-25-2003, 09:52 PM

Default RE: What case trimmer do you use and why?

If you give Lee a call they will make you any case trimmer you want for $15.00

With all due respect for others on here I' ve dropped 10 times as much on other trim systems as I have on the Lee.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:20 PM

Ive used forster for a long time too. You can screw the hand crank off and use a rechargeable drill to drive it .
Old 05-27-2003, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Wilson because it' s extremely precise, cuts necks absolutely square, is very simply to operate and is constructed out of solid steel.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Forster. It' s the one that the person who helped set me up in reloading recommended and since I get good results I haven' t tried any others.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:32 AM
bigcountry

RCBS for years and hate it, hate hate it. Gave them one last shot. Called thier customer service. The sent me a new cutter, rod, and head. Helped but still the pilot won' t align well. Going to buy a Wilson.

Old 06-02-2003, 12:41 AM

Thanks for all the responses, I will contact Lee and see if they will make som length gauges, thanks for the heads up Steelshooter
Old 06-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bigcountry, I use a RCBS and absolutely hate it...what a piece of garbage ... I am looking at the Redding case trimmer and i like it and that will probably be next on the reloading aquisition list after I get their turret press. As far as Lee trimmers I think it is a great idea and they work well. Use one for many years before the RCBS.....
Old 06-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forester makes a fine trimmer.....as does Wilson....both are excellent for a guy that reloads up to 500 rounds a year.....after that I' d be looking to forester' s drill press set up and the RCBS electric chamfer and brush tool.

Quick Reply: What case trimmer do you use and why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.