Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Which Press is best for me? >

Which Press is best for me?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Which Press is best for me?

Old 05-13-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Which Press is best for me?

I recently purchased a .223 and want to get into reloading my own ammo for it. I am thinking that I might shoot between 400-600 rounds per year (maybe) so a fancy press that reloads alot of bullets quickly isnt really what I am looking for. I want to stick with a plain and simple press that loads one at a time. I want to load precision loads to determine the best loads for my guns. I also want to keep the costs down to a minimum but want equipment that will last. Other calibers that I would also consider reloading for later oi would be .300 Rem mag, .243, and 35 Rem. Any suggestions?

GB
Old 05-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Press is best for me?

I' m a strong advocate of the RCBS rockchucker start up kit.....it' s a great investment....it' s good for a life time and your grandchildren' s too.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:17 AM

The Lee Aniversary Kit will work fine.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since you' re looking to keep your costs down, I don' t think this is what you want, but one of the best presses is probably the Forster CoAx. That' s what I have and I really like it a lot. If cost is your main concern, however, I think the RCBS kit may be your best bet.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:15 AM

The CoAx is in a class by itself. Also check out the Redding press. It is about the same price as the Rock Chucker, but higher quality. Redding dies are better than RCBS too, but considerably more expensive.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

RCBS RC Supreme Master Reloading Kit. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-15-2003, 03:40 PM
bigcountry

Oh my gosh, DG, I can tell you are from Ohio with that statement Seriously, I don' t have a lee press, but can tell ya you ain' t throwing money down the street. I got the Rockchucker. As long as all is aligned up, a press is a press is a press. I think the older Rockchucker I have is over priced myself. I paided 250 for the kit several years ago. If I had it to do over I would buy separate peices.

That trimmer on the rockchucker ain' t much. Powder thrower is ok too. I like my scale with the kit, but of course a nice digital would be good. You could buy that lee kit and the money you save buy a nice digital scale. Or a good trimmer, that I am throwing around the idea of buying. Or the money you save buy a nice set of digital calibers.

Old 05-16-2003, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lee is bad? I pretty much use only Lee dies. I have a few sets of RCBS dies, but for the same price a FL RCBS die, I can get a set of Lee collets with a neck and FL die. I also quit using my POS RCBS case trimmer and started using the MUCH cheaper Lee system that is easier and faster to use.
The LEE presses do look cheap however, I prefer the Rockchucker.

Quick Reply: Which Press is best for me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.